Your guide to resolving QuickBooks error the file existsby Sofia Jones QuickBooks Data Recovery Services
QuickBooks is a wonderful software but like other applications errors are part of it. These errors can arise from technical glitches and here we shall be discussing QuickBooks Error the File exists. This issue can arise when the user is performing different kinds of operations like downloading payroll update, paying scheduled liabilities, or while opening a state or a federal form. If you get this error, you might see one of the following error messages on your computer desktop “The file you specified cannot be opened. Make sure that it is not currently being used by another program or a read-only file.” or “The Windows error was “The file exists.”
Complete the blog to finally resolve QuickBooks error the file exists in easy steps. But, if you want fast steps to fix it contact QB Pro team at (855)-526-5749
Root Causes of QuickBooks error file already open
The complete error message that users come across in such situations is – “The file you specified cannot be opened. It must not be already in use by another program or a read-only file” or “The Windows Error was The File Exists.” Here are the reasons that cause the error
1. Outdated QuickBooks software.
2. Internet connection is not activated.
3. Windows User Account Control is coming in way of QB.
4. Firewall and Internet Settings are incorrect.
5. User does not have admin rights.
What can be done to solve QuickBooks payroll update error “The file exists”?
Method 1: Turn off UAC from Windows Settings
1. Open Settings on your system.
2. Search UAC. In case UAC is turned on turn it off.
3. Once done reboot the system.
Method 2: Re-register .DLL and .OCX files
1. Exit from the QuickBooks Desktop Application
2. Right-click on the QB icon on the Desktop and choose Properties
3. Click on Open File Location and find the folder where the reboot.bat file is present
4. Open the folder where the file is present and run the file as an administrator
5. Run Reboot.bat file.
6. Wait for the command prompt to open and close up for once.
7. After this, reboot the system and repeat the process in which the QuickBooks error the file exists was appearing.
Once done with the steps to fix QuickBooks error the file exists we hope you do not come across it again and in case you need additional support contact QB support team at (855)-526-5749.
Created on Apr 24th 2020 12:37. Viewed 241 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.