Work Safe Today & Everydayby Vivaan Singh Professional Writer
You spend most of your day wearing footwear and you should feel comfortable as well as safe. Your footwear should prevent
slip or fall and furthermore it should protect you from electrostatic discharge. The safety shoes companies want you to have the best working day possible, and therefore they observe and ask questions to their customers to understand their needs and to develop the right footwear accordingly.
There is an age-old adage- “use the right tool for the right job.” You can possibly prevent some of the accidents with the footwear specially chosen for your type of work and industry, holding the right properties and with a fit suited for you.
Types of safety shoes and safety boots
There are different varieties of safety footwear available today. Below mentioned are the different types of safety footwear for different types of works.
- Protective toed shoes- it has a special covering around the toe area and is capped with a special material to keep the toes safe from hazardous accidents and mishaps. These safety shoes are mostly used by people working in factories and mills and places where heavy industrial equipments are being handled every day.
- Steel insole shoes- these shoes
helpsin protecting the feet from common joint and bone problems. People, who are employedto ride bikes, push pedals and drive heavy trucks, use these shoes. It is one of the most comfortable safety footwear.
- Metal instep footwear- these shoes are designed specially to protect and safeguard your feet from sharp and pointy objects like nails, glass pieces and other sharp objects. People working in large manufacturing factories of machinery or glass objects use these safety boots that
preventspenetrating of any sharp objects.
- Metatarsal safety shoes- these shoes are designed to protect the upper part of the foot and bones. These safety shoes are usually worn
inconstruction sites or jobs that involve lifting of heavy equipments and machines.
- Electric hazard shoes- these shoes are made with a sole that helps reduce the potential of any employee receiving an electric shock when exposed to high voltage circuits and electricity. Employees working with electricity, high voltage machines, circuits, wiring wear these safety shoes.
This article describes about the different types of safety footwear available in the market and also states the importance of wearing the right kind of safety shoes for the right kind of job.
Created on Mar 22nd 2018 06:33. Viewed 184 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.