Wisdom Tooth Extractionby Stunning Dentistry Stunning Dentistry
If a wisdom tooth doesn't have space to grow it grows within the gums or dental ridge, resulting in pain, infection or other dental problems. This condition is called an Impacted wisdom tooth which needs to be pulled out. This procedure is known as Wisdom tooth extraction and it may be done by an oral surgeon or the best dentist in India with experience.
WHY IT'S DONE
The unusual growth or eruption problems with impacted wisdom teeth can result in problems such as:
● Trapping food with the adjacent tooth causing cavities on the adjacent tooth.
● Infection within gums (periodontal disease)
● Tooth decay of the wisdom tooth
● Damage to the adjacent tooth or the surrounding bone
● A sac filled with fluid(cyst) can be developed around the wisdom tooth
PROCEDURE OF EXTRACTION
Wisdom tooth extraction can be more complicated than any other tooth extraction and has to be done by specialists. You need the best dental hospital in India, with the best-experienced doctors and availability of general anesthesia facilities within the hospital. The first step in the procedure is giving anesthesia to the patient.
Depending on the complexity of the tooth extraction and comfort, your dentist or oral surgeon may use one of three types of anesthesia:
1. Local anesthesia: Only the injected site is paralyzed.
2. Sedation anesthesia: Your dentist or oral surgeon administers sedation anesthesia through an intravenous (IV) line which suppresses your consciousness during the procedure.
3. General anesthesia: In rare conditions, you may be offered general anesthesia. You may need to inhale the anesthesia through your nose or give it through an IV line, or both.
Based on complexity, the Dentist in India can evaluate your health condition and decide the best treatment
● If the tooth hasn't come through the gum, then an incision will be made in the gum tissue to expose the tooth.
● If the tooth is covered by bone, a small piece of the bone covering it may also be removed.
● Then the tooth is cut into sections if it's easier to remove in pieces and the tooth is removed.
● If the surgeon feels pressure to remove the tooth, the tooth socket is widened by rocking the tooth back and forth before taking it out. Then the site is cleaned of the removed tooth of any debris from the tooth or bone.
● The doctor then stitches the wound using stitches that dissolve within a few days (usually 7 to 10 days) or no stitches at all. The wound is closed to promote healing, though this isn't always necessary. Gauze or cotton is used to control bleeding at the extraction site.
Based on the level of complexity, the entire procedure may take from a minimum of 10 minutes to a maximum of 45 minutes.
COST OF TOOTH EXTRACTION
The cost of extraction of wisdom teeth in India varies from place to place. However, it costs an average of 2000 to 8000 INR for simple extraction. The cost may go up to 10000 to 15000 INR in the best dental hospital in Delhi, India in case of complications.
Stunning Dentistry is one of the Best Dental Clinic in India, which has also been Ranked as the No. 1 Dental Clinic in India. The team of Best Dentist in India specialises in Full Mouth Dental Implants, All-on-4 Implants, Basal Implants, Zygomatic Implants, Implant Supported Fixed Dentures, Bone Grafting, Smile Designing with Zirconia Crowns, Porcelain Veneers, E-Max and 3M LAVA Veneers, Lumineers, Invisalign, Orthodontic Treatments, Teeth Whitening, Dental Implants cost in India and Dental Clinic in India.
Created on Nov 3rd 2022 12:19. Viewed 131 times.