Why Men Should Use Afta After Shave In Their Skin Care Routine?by Jenny C. Blogger and Outreach Expert
The process of shaving is very common and looks so unimportant when we look at it from a wider perspective, but when we drown down deep, we will find that this same process is very significant. Every detail and curve adds up to a man's final look after shaving. A task as small as shaving can define your looks to a great extent. We are, therefore being careful while shaving is very important. The shaving cream, the razor, the aftershave, everything that is used should be chosen very carefully because it affects both the hair growth of the face and the skin.
The aftershave, if used properly, could be very beneficial for the skin and could even be used as a fragrance enhancer.
Image Source: Groom Style
The Composition Of An Aftershave:
An aftershave is very important in a man's day to day life. It is a liquid, or a cream applied on the face after shaving. The main function of aftershave is to reduce the infections of shaving cuts and to reduce skin irritation. This is why it consists of an antiseptic agent such as denatured alcohol or stearate/citrate and a moisturizer to soften the skin. A few manufacturers of shaving cream add menthol to the cream to numb the damaged skin. Though alcohol is used to freshen the skin, it is not a very preferred component of the cream as it creates a burning sensation on the skin that lasts longer than just a few seconds. Therefore manufacturers may or may not add alcohol in their aftershave creams.
Many aftershaves use fragrance oils to leave a handsome scent after application. Wearing too much cologne is not very advisory even though you love perfumes as it doesn't leave a very good impression of you on the other people indicating your overcompensation. Also, some fragrance ingredients disrupt our natural hormone balance and may lead to mood swings, anxiety, and depression. In these situations, an aftershave can come to your rescue. They leave a pleasantly refreshing and rather lighter fragrance than colognes, and it comes to rescue, especially when you are enclosed in small congested spaces.
Uses And Advantages Of An Aftershave:
Aftershaves, as minor and common they as may be considered could be very useful and important in your overall look and fragrance. It has endless advantages, and a few of the most important ones are mentioned here:
- Helps to stop the Bleeding: a man may face many difficulties during shaving, the major of them being severe cuts and bleeding, which later cause infections and irritations. A good aftershave helps to halt the Bleeding and reduces infections and helps the facial skin to heal faster.
- Refreshes the skin: Shaving leaves the skin rough and scratchy, which might cause irritation and skin damage. An aftershave gives a soothing effect to the skin due to its balming properties and creamy texture. It relaxes the skin by reducing the scratches.
- Helps to maintain hygiene: After the removal of hair, the skin has many pores that may catch dirt and lead to allergies and skin infections. This could be prevented using an aftershave which keeps the skin pores clean and bacteria-free.
- Fragrance: An aftershave has a soft refreshing smell which enhances the fragrance of a person.
- Boosts one's confidence: When a person feels clean and fresh, their confidence automatically increases, which makes them look even more attractive.
How To Select An Effective Aftershave:
Choosing an aftershave could be very confusing as there are plenty of them available in the market. Here are a few tips on how to choose the best one for yourself:
- Always know your skin type and what suits you and what not before purchasing an aftershave.
- Select cream or gel that isn't too greasy and has skin calmers that seal your skin's natural moisture and give you a smooth and clean look.
- Chose an aftershave that has an appealing fragrance that suits you.
- Always be careful with alcohol-based splashes as they can make your skin dry. 'You can use skin conditioner if needed.
Afta after shave lotion is specially formulated to soothe, and skin reduces the irritation caused due to shaving. It cools your skin and tightens your pores and gives a refreshing and confident beginning to your day with its wonderful masculine scent. It relieves dryness and replaces natural oils and also guards the skin against drying effects of sun, wind, and weather. Two of the main ingredients of this product are propylparaben and stearic acid. It's not harmful to the skin and is suitable for most skin types. It usually comes in a pack of six in a grey plastic bottle weighing 1.6 pounds. It is easily available in stores and online shopping websites such as amazon, eBay, and rms products.
Afterall we all could use a refreshing beginning to our hectic days.
Created on Oct 24th 2019 05:29. Viewed 148 times.