Why Do Children Need to Go on Class Trips? Few Jumpstart Ideas for next Academic Yearby Mothers Pride Preschool
Someone once said that travel is the best education anyone can have and educational trips for students are the best way to teach them beyond four walls. Many public schools in Delhi consider that educational class trips contribute to better student outcomes In a recent study conducted on 400 adults, a veteran teacher of a recognized public school in Delhi, concluded that youth who experienced educational trips and excursions in their school time have better grades, higher graduation rates and it affects greatly their income too!! Teachers from few top schools in Delhi surely believe that educational trips have positive and lasting impacts on education and career as they are engaging and intellectually involve students.
The top schools in Delhi and NCR keep regular excursion and trip calendar for every class in an academic year. Popular class trips destinations include museums, community agencies, zoos, national heritages, wildlife sanctuaries, etc. Class trips make very useful alternative educational opportunities for children; they get exposure to community services.
Here how children benefit:
· Experiential learning: Students are of many kinds some are visual, few are auditory and few may be kinetic learners. Field trips help children to successfully comprehend the topic at hand . They usually get to spend the entire day in a new environment and learn in a more useful and effective manner. Also, many students understand better in such kind of innovative learning pattern.Senior teachers from public schools in Delhi always advocate class trips, excursion, and field survey study patterns. This kind of learning makes them come closer to study objects and they retain the information for much longer. You are now in a position to appreciate the relevance and identify the significance of studies in your life,said a veteran teacher of botany from one of the most recognized and best schools in Delhi.
o Break from the monotony study routine: Field and class trips are more innovative and effective method of education and students welcome the break in their study pattern. They start preparing themselves way ahead of their trip. Field-trips are more interactive.
o More exposure and experiences: Class trips are always healthy in a social context, says some experienced social studies teachers of top public schools in Delhi. Students get to see people from different walks of life and profession and interact with them under your guardianship. It may even drive a child’s imagination and willingness to try new things by seeing different professionals and it may spark new interests in them.
o Community service is healthy for students: It may sound absurd, however, community service sensitize the students and make them responsible citizens of tomorrow. It is a holistic approach where both the parties are equally benefitted. When you do community work it gives you immense satisfaction.
o Finally, works best for better scores and learning: Owing to regular field trips and visit and working hands-on, you get a better comprehension of few subjects, which are extremely difficult to understand in the classroom otherwise. As a result, you are more likely to get good marks in the exams, identified by senior teachers of the top schools in Delhi. Besides,
So, as a teacher let’s see some jump-start ideas for successful class trips for this season:
· List down the regions nearby that could be destinations for your next class trip, such as historical places, botanical gardens or parks or places that hold historical significance.
· Research carefully, plan accordingly and visit once before you take your class there. Take others’ recommendations, suggests one of the senior teachers of a renowned public school in Delhi.
· Read the school policies on class trips in advance and prepare learning objectives for the class. Generate plans to accomplish all objectives.
· Involve students in goal discussions of the field trip in advance. You can also give them options to choose from for the venue.
As a teacher, you should keep your focus on the content area and judge aptly if the trip fits into your agenda. All the best!
Created on Sep 26th 2017 05:40. Viewed 265 times.