What's the process and time required for temporary skill shortage visa subclass 482?by V4 Migration Services Choose the Expert Migration Agent
An essential part of Australia's immigration policy is the ability to offer special visas for people with unique skills, including those highly skilled in specialized areas or industries where there are shortages of qualified workers in Australia.
The Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482, or the Short-term Skilled Occupation List Visa, may be an option if you have specialized skills that meet one of the requirements on the list and will be working in Australia temporarily.
Here's everything you need to know about this visa option to determine if it's right for you and your family.
How long does it take to get approved?
After receiving an offer of employment, you will have 30 days to apply for a TSS visa. The Minister must grant your application within 90 days. Approved applicants and their employers are then issued with confirmation of the skill shortage, valid for three years from the grant date.
Documents Required to apply for TSS Visa 482
There are numerous documents that you will need to provide with your application, including:
- Proof of identity, Australian residency, evidence of any previous occupation, skills assessment and certification, and references.
- Evidence may also be required to establish that an Australian resident cannot fill an advertised position.
- The applicant must submit a written statement from a registered employer that states their inability to fill the position from within Australia.
- Evidence of specific qualifications and experience in the field or confirmation that an Australian company has hired them.
- Provide details of previous experience in occupations classified as skilled or professional. This includes information about previous employers, such as the organization name, geographical location of the business, work address, phone number, and email address.
- Submit an employment offer letter from an Australian organization.
Once these requirements have been fulfilled, applicants can submit their application for assessment via the online form at DIBP.
The Eligibility Criteria for Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482
One eligibility criterion for a subclass 482 visa is that you have gained skilled employment for which no suitably qualified Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible citizen has been able to fill.
- It would help if you were assessed as currently employed in that position, and there must be an ongoing genuine need within your nominated occupation.
- The applicant needs to be nominated by an Australian employer who can demonstrate that they will suffer a shortage of skilled workers if the applicant is not granted the visa.
- The applicant must show proficiency in English at IELTS 6 with no less than 5 in each band and maintain it during their stay in Australia.
The visa application process for TSS 482
The visa application process includes:
- Meeting with an immigration agent.
- Passing medical and character checks.
- Attending interviews with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).
- Undergoing a police check.
Approved applicants can stay up to four years on their subclass 482 visas.
Once the visa expires, they must leave Australia and apply for another subclass 482. If they meet all of the eligibility requirements again, they may reapply with the help of registered migration agents for Australia for another four years.
Created on Sep 19th 2022 01:02. Viewed 129 times.