Requirements for Contributory Parent Visa 173 and 143

by V4 Migration Services Choose the Expert Migration Agent

Suppose you're a parent who has been providing financial support to your children while growing up. In that case, you might be eligible to apply for either the Contributory Parent visa temporary 173 or Contributory Parent visa Permanent 143 if they are Australian citizens or permanent residents. The Contributory Parent visa (Subclass 173) and the Contributory Aged Parent visa (Subclass 143) are Australian visas which allow people who have made substantial contributions to Australia to live here permanently if they meet the requirements.

Documents Required for Contributory Parent Visa:

The following are some of the documents required for a Contributory Parent Visa:

  • A letter of invitation from an Australian relative or guardian.
  • Evidence of eligibility, including evidence of your children's eligibility and their relationship with you.
  • Criminal record certificate. 
  • Proof that you have been residing in Australia for at least 10 years before applying for this visa (alternatively, evidence that you will meet this requirement within 3 years). 
  • Proof that one of your children is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible citizen living in Australia. 
  • You must also show that adequate accommodation is available for all family members without financial hardship.

What is a Contributory Parent visa Temporary 173?

Suppose you are over 50, can support yourself financially in Australia, and have a child who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident. In that case, you may be eligible for a temporary parent visa. Your visa will allow for 3 years in Australia before applying for a permanent visa. You can apply for a temporary parent visa outside of Australia if certain conditions are met.

Eligibility Requirements for Contributory Parent visa Temporary 173

To be eligible for a Contributory Parent visa Temporary (173),

  • A person must first be sponsored by their immediate family members. For instance, your partner or parent who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident can sponsor you.
  • To satisfy legal requirements, they must show that they are in a position to support you financially and have accommodation arrangements in place for when they bring you into Australia.
  • An approved migration agent can provide more details on who is eligible and what level of support is required.

What is Contributory Parent visa Permanent 143?

If you are the parent of an Australian citizen or permanent resident and want to reside in Australia permanently, then you should consider the Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143). This visa allows parents of Australian citizens and residents to be sponsored by their children to live in Australia permanently. 

The Contributory Parent visa provides greater flexibility than other visas, such as the Permanent Resident visa, for the parents of Australian citizens and permanent residents because it does not require a sponsor to have first entered Australia on any visa.

Eligibility requirements for these visas

To apply for this visa, 

  • Applicants must be sponsored by an eligible family member who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident. 
  • To qualify as a sponsor, they must have at least one year remaining on their residence permit and earn at least $53,900 per year. 
  • Applicants can also apply if they are sponsored by someone unrelated but have been in a child-parent relationship with them for at least five years.
  • To meet this requirement, the sponsor must earn more than $83,600 yearly. 
  • In addition, when applying for Contributory Parent visa Permanent 143, sponsors need to provide evidence of adequate accommodation that meets the immigration standards in Australia.

Sponsor Ads

About V4 Migration Services Freshman   Choose the Expert Migration Agent

5 connections, 0 recommendations, 41 honor points.
Joined APSense since, June 15th, 2022, From Melbourne, Australia.

Created on Oct 25th 2022 00:54. Viewed 153 times.


No comment, be the first to comment.
Please sign in before you comment.