What You Need To Know About Towing Car Trailersby Luis Jimenez Auto Transport And Manufacturing Business
Vehicle hauler trailers have been around for quite a while now and several well known trailer manufacturers are making extremely convenient and reliable trailers that stick with the safety standards.
Transporting a car is not an easy undertaking. Every car enthusiast's worst nightmare is to accidentally damage their car while transporting it. So many things can go wrong, unfortunately there is no way to prevent mishaps except being cautious. It is important to note that improperly transporting a vehicle can cause harm to yourself, your vehicle and people around you.
If you transport vehicles quite often, then you must be familiar with car hauler trailers. There are different trailers available of different capacities. 4 car hauler is the most common with capacity of hauling four cars at a time. Other variations include 5 car haulers, 6 car haulers, flatbed 4 car trailers etc.
Investing in car hauler trailers is a good idea if you haul quite often. There are great trailer manufacturers out there producing heavy-duty trailers meeting your needs. Modern car trailers can be open or enclosed with built-in ramps for loading and off-loading cars. These ramps are powered by hydraulics to raise and lower ramps for ease of accessibility.
Here are some trailer-towing tips:
• Proper trailer maintenance – Maintenance is the key to a successful tow trip. Therefore before you head out to road, make sure your truck and trailer are roadworthy. Do not confuse driving your car or truck with a trailer.
• Proper tongue weight - The tongue weight should be set to 10 to 15 percent of the total weight for good stability.
• Safety chains - Cross the safety chains under the hitch side-to-side, in an X pattern. If, for whatever reason, the hitch comes adrift, the trailer tongue will drop onto the chains instead of onto the ground.
• Tire pressure - Check the tire pressures often. Run the tires at their maximum recommended pressure. They'll run cooler, and you'll consume less gas.
• Brakes - As you start your tow trip, check electric brake function as soon as you can by sliding the brake controller lever over an inch or so. You should be able to feel the trailer brakes actuate.
Therefore if you are planning on buying a hauler trailer then opt for one of the high quality trailer manufacturers and do not forget to bide by the safety measures. But make sure to find a good one in your locality and purchase the right equipment from them. Be wary of scammers who try to sell low quality hauler at standard prices.
Created on Jul 16th 2018 07:08. Viewed 936 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.