What Made Kotlin the Future of Android Application Development?by Rory Bainton Marketing Manager
Ever since the evolution of Android application development, Java has ranked as a highly preferable programming language. However, the position is now secured by Kotlin being the official programming language for Android applications recommended by Google.
Significance & Benefits of Kotlin
Kotlin came into existence when Android application development needed a modern language that augments mobile application development practices. Moreover, the language is rich with an extensive set of features that ease the day-to-day coding operations for developers. Besides, it abides queries surfacing from Java. Hence, leaving the developers with strong tooling support, clarity, security, and flexibility.
Despite Java's overwhelming popularity, Kotlin has emerged as a powerful application development programming language over the years for its more advanced features.
● Short and Simple Programming
○ Shorter coding means better readability and lower chances of error while coding. So, your focus goes more on enhancing the logic of the code and can avoid spending much of your time on runtime or compile-time errors.
○ Moreover, code written with Kotlin is way too easy to debug as it offers better readability as a programming language for Android application development.
● Compatible with Java
○ Kotlin can use and exchange data from Java in many ways. Thus, making it very easy for Android application development companies to switch to Kotlin without making drastic changes in the code itself. Use IntelliJ IDE or Android Studio to transform your Android application from Java to Kotlin. Additionally, there are numerous libraries that you can use in Kotlin, making it more compatible with Java.
● Null Reference Elimination
Null references are the roadblocks to good coding standards. Kotlin successfully eliminates the possible causes of NullPointerException:
○ Calling methods to 'throw NullPointerException()'
○ Accessing index element from a null object
● A solution to Java's Flaws
Kotlin brings up solutions to some flaws triggered in Java, puts an end to the boilerplate code, and waives possible errors. This emerging programming language contains features like delegations and late initializations. Also, it possesses coding elements such as parameter lists and variable declarations to deal with the flaws of Java programming.
● Supports Cross-platform app development
Those who wish to go beyond Android application development in Melbourne can benefit from writing Gradle codes in Kotlin. Which in turn enables Android app developers to work on iOS app development. Thus, applications developed in Kotlin have experiences of a native application.
On the whole, with its developer-friendly features, Kotlin is creating a buzz in the era of Android application development in Melbourne.
Created on Mar 7th 2022 04:25. Viewed 57 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.