What is the differneces between Kubernetes and Amazon ECS?by Mayank K. mayankseo
For automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications, kubernetes is one of the best open-source system. In the year 2015 Kunernetes were launch. Which is very new tools in the market. With the help of this tools, you will be able to group your containers into logical units. Under kubernetes, you will get the features of master and several worker modes. Across the whole cluster, Kubernetes automates the distribution and scheduling.
The major components in a Kubernetes cluster are:
- Pods- Pods means a group of deploys and schedules containers, basically a pods contain hardly 1 to 5 containers, to provide a good service all this thing are collaborate together.
- Flat Networking Space- In Kubernetes the default network model is flat and with the help of this facility all pods can talk to each other. Containers within the same pod share Associate in Nursing information processing and may communicate victimisation ports on the localhost address.
- Replication Controllers- In Kubernetes, instantiate pods are done with the help of Replication Controllers. The main function of Replication Controllers is to control all the running pods.
- Labels- This component are attached to the object of kubernetes and it is use for searching multiple object and update them all at a single set.
- Services- The component is the endpoints which can be called by name, with the use of label selectors this component can be connected to the pods.
From the name only you will be able to identify that this container management service has been provided by the Amazon AWS, this container management service support Docker containers, with the help of this features you will be able to run Easily all the applications on a cluster of Amazon EC2 instances. This feature also all you to no need to install, operate, and scale your own cluster management infrastructure. There’s no support for containers to run on infrastructure outside of EC2, whether or not physical infrastructure or alternative clouds. additionally, EC2 instances should be created before requesting ECS to point out containers on those instances.
The major components in Amazon ECS are: -
- Task Definition- This component is a task file in JSON format which describes container together with application. You will get various parameters of applications under this component (Task Definition).
- Image Repository- With the help of image repository you will be able to downloads container images from container registries.
- Cluster- ECS task are run under a cluster which is a logical grouping of EC2 instances.
- Container Agent- The instrumentation agent runs on every EC2 instance among AN ECS cluster. The agent sends mensuration knowledge concerning the instance’s tasks and resource utilization to Amazon ECS. it'll additionally begin and stop tasks supported requests from ECS.
- Tasks and Scheduler- It is an instanta of an task definition. Task schedule response at the time when task are placed on container instances.
Difference between kubernetes vs ecs
- The development infrastructure of kubernetes are Physical H/W and Virtual Infrastructure.
- The development infrastructure of Amazon ECS are based only on AWS EC2 instances.
- In kubernetes the service are discovered by the pods with the help of using a intra-cluster DNS.
- On the other hand recently ECS started providing some basic service discovery.
- In kubernetes Pods are distributed among Worker Nodes.
- It define placement policies in the Service requirements.
Created on Feb 15th 2019 03:10. Viewed 236 times.