What is Laser Kidney Stone Treatment in Delhi?by Dr Rahul MD
Kidney stones can develop either in one or both the kidneys. Commonly, people of age group 30-60 are seen affected by it. They can block any part of the urinary system. Small stones generally go undetected and sometimes pass on their own through urine but the larger ones create blockages giving rise to pain that can be mild to severe.
Causes of Kidney Stones
Scarcity of fluids inside the body is the main cause of formation of stones. Waste products inside the body in the absence of adequate fluids form lumps, these lumps do not get filtered inside the kidney and thus get deposited.
With the technology getting advanced, many innovative methods are arising for treatment of kidney stones and one such is laser assisted kidney stone treatment or lithotripsy.
It is a non-invasive treatment that takes about 30-90 minutes time for complete breakage and removal of kidney stones. Kidney stone laser treatment in Delhi is available with many hospitals and care centers offering it at a pocket friendly cost.
Types of Laser Kidney Stone Treatments
Various types of lasers are used during the surgery . It is of following types:
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL): the method is used when the size of the stones is between 4mm-20mm. As the name suggests shock waves are used to break down kidney stones in smaller ones that can easily pass through the urinary tract.
- Laser lithotripsy: here laser is directly fired on the kidney stones to break them into smaller ones. Stones less than 20 mm in diameter is effectively removed with this method.
- Percutaneous lithotripsy: the procedure is used when the kidney stones are larger than 20mm, here a small incision of 1cm is made through which a probe is inserted in the kidney, and the broken fragments are taken out through the incision.
- Uretroscopy (URS): The method is used for stones that get stuck in the ureters. The method is same using laser assisted by an uretroscope that breaks down the fragments.
- With technology getting better day by day mini and ultra mini PCNL surgeries are being performed that requires less time and gives minimal discomfort to the patient.
Generally, the patients recover after 2-3 days of surgery and can resume their work after 7-10 days of undergoing the procedure.
Created on Mar 10th 2019 00:56. Viewed 323 times.