What foods are bad and good for kidney patients?by Shipra Sharma Kidney Treatment in Ayurveda
Kidney diseases are very common these days’ due to the hectic and a harsh lifestyle. Especially, because of your erratic work timings, you may not consume a proper diet. This is the reason why illnesses like cancer and kidney failure are increasing day-by-day. So, it is very vital to take care of your dietary habits as well as follow a healthy diet plan to prevent the situation of kidney disease.
6 types of kidney illnesses can be turned into kidney failure if not treated on time.
Following are the 6 diseases related to the kidneys
1. Chronic kidney disease
2. Acute kidney failure
3. Polycystic kidney disease
5. High creatinine level
6. Nephrotic syndrome
Most of the above-mentioned kidneys problems are mostly happen due to an unhealthy diet plan. Along with that, the causes and symptoms of kidney illnesses also happen because of unhealthy diet routine and plan.
In the blog underneath, you will read about what foods are bad and good for kidney patients.
What foods are bad and good for kidney patients?
1. Potassium – It is a nutrient that is essential for a person with high blood pressure. But, potassium is not healthy for a person who is going through kidney illness because potassium pressurizes the kidney.
Following are the fruits and vegetables that are high in potassium and bad for kidney patients.
• Bananas, oranges, cantaloupe, honeydew, apricots, grapefruit Dried fruits, such as prunes, raisins, and dates
• Cooked spinach
• Cooked broccoli
• Sweet potatoes
• Leafy greens
• Tomato juice
• Prune juice
• Apricot juice
• Grapefruit juice
Avoid consuming certain dairy products like milk, curd, cottage cheese (paneer), and yogurt, etc that are high sources of potassium.
2. Protein–It is very important for strong muscles and bones, but it is also not healthy for kidney patients. Proteinuria is a kidney-related illness that happens because of the high amount of protein in the blood. A kidney patient should avoid eating the following food items that are high sources of protein.
• Chicken breast
• Cottage cheese
• Greek yogurt
• Milk products
• Lean beef
• Whey protein supplements
• Pumpkin seeds
• Turkey breast
• All types of fish
• Brussels sprouts
These are a few of the food items that kidney patients should avoid eating. And, in case, if your kidney-related problem is severe, then consult a healthcare provider kidney treatment in Ayurveda.
3. Fiber – It is helpful to reduce increased creatinine level, and also decrease the danger of kidney cancer. Following are the food items that are high in fiber and good for kidney patients.
• Fiber-rich fruits are apples, strawberries, and raspberries.
• Vegetables with darker in the color are higher in the fiber-like carrots, beets, collard greens, Swiss chard, spinach, and artichokes, (russet, red, and sweet).
• Beans and legumes are delicious, filled with fiber - navy, white, garbanzo, and kidney beans.
• Whole grain bread: Select 7-grain, dark rye, cracked wheat, pumpernickel.
• Grains: bulgur wheat, brown rice, wild rice, and barley instead of white rice.
4. Avoid supplements contain creatinine or protein – In case, if you follow an intense exercise routine and you are dependent on creatinine or protein supplements, then you are increasing the risk of kidney-related problems.
Some food items you should avoid eating, in case, you are suffering from kidney illness.
• Fried foods like deep-fried butter, egg roll, emping, falafel, flauta, fried coke, and fried dough.
• Vegetables like sweet potato, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, tomato, and potato.
• Processed and packed food items
• Canned food products
• Artificial sweeteners
• Dry fruits and nuts like raisins, cashew-nuts dates, and figs
• Milk products like curd, cheese, butter, and milk
• Refined cereals
Along with a healthy diet plan, and kidney disease treatment in Ayurveda, a kidney patient should take care of the follow the following guidelines.
1. Regulate your high blood pressure or hypertension.
2. Control your elevated blood sugar level or diabetes.
3. If you have obesity or thyroid, then do yoga to sustain a healthy weight.
4. Do meditation if you are going through anxiety or mental trauma.
5. Control your high cholesterol level.
6. Being pregnant can be the reason for the excess amount of creatinine or protein in the blood.
On the off chance, that you or anyone in your loved ones are facing the problems correlated with the kidneys, then consult a healthcare provider for the best Ayurvedic kidney disease treatment.
Also, do not forget to follow a healthy diet plan to live a disease-free healthy life and to stop kidney dialysis.
Created on Aug 5th 2019 03:04. Viewed 209 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.