What Do You Mean by Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482?by V4 Migration Services Choose the Expert Migration Agent
The Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482 allows skilled workers to come to Australia and work in skilled jobs identified as experiencing skill shortages in the market. This visa gives you temporary residence status in Australia for up to four years. It allows you to apply for permanent residence after three years of working in your nominated occupation on this visa (as long as you fulfil the work conditions).
The main advantage of a Subclass 482 visa is that it can be sponsored by your prospective employer, who will cover all the costs of applying, including the visa application fee, legal fees, and medical examination fees. In addition, you can take help from migration agents in Australia.
What is Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482?
The Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482 is a visa for skilled workers with a job offer from an Australian employer. This visa provides people with skills in demand in Australia with a pathway to permanent residency and helps employers fill skilled labour shortages. The minimum time you can stay on this visa is 3 years.
To apply for Permanent Residency after that period, you will need to meet certain requirements such as continuously living in Australia on a temporary skilled migration stream for at least four years and provide evidence of complying with health requirement obligations, either through holding valid health insurance or Medicare.
Eligibility Criteria for Temporary Skill Shortage Visa 482
The subclass 482 visa is for skilled workers in Australia. To be eligible,
- An individual must have a job offer from an Australian employer who cannot find a suitable, experienced local worker.
- The employee must also have a Certificate of Sponsorship from their employer and be currently living outside of Australia at the time of application. The stay duration on this type of visa is limited by 1 or 2 years, depending on the circumstances.
- A maximum number of 4 visas may be granted annually, with each employer only being able to sponsor one candidate every two years.
- Sponsorship obligations include minimum salary rates, continuing employment, duties and work hours.
If these conditions are not met, significant penalties may apply, including fines, deportation and losing sponsorship rights.
Documents Required when applying for Temporary Skill Shortage Visa
When applying for a Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482, you will need to provide the following documents:
- A completed application form.
- Your passport or other travel documents.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs of yourself.
- A copy of your birth certificate.
- Documentation that proves your skills and qualifications as required by the nominated occupation in Australia.
- Evidence of any previous work experience within ten years.
- If this is not your first time applying for this visa, copies of all previous visas were granted or refused.
- Evidence that you are in good health and do not have any medical conditions which would make it unsafe for you to undertake the duties specified in the nominated occupation.
Cost of applying for Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482
The subclass 482 visa has a base application fee of $1,265, plus a $285 charge for each family member included on the application. There are additional fees for the Skills Assessment and English Language Test, which vary depending on your country. You will need to have these fees paid before submitting your application.
Once approved, the employer must lodge an offer of employment within 28 days, or it will lapse. You cannot apply for Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482 if you have been granted another temporary working visa in Australia that is still valid.
Created on Oct 4th 2022 00:51. Viewed 112 times.