What Are the Essential Things to Consider During Your First Deep Tissue Massage?by Eva Spenser Innovation
Deep tissue massage is an effective therapy for treating the deeper layers of muscle that surrounds connective tissues. Moreover, it helps to recover from a range of pains and conditions. However, the experience can vary then you have imagined. If you follow the discussions below, you will get an idea as well as be prepared for your deep tissue massage session.
The Steps Involved in Deep Tissue Massage
If you are unaware of the things that happen in deep tissue massage, than here are the important stages involved in deep tissue massage:
- Discussions: Similar to the other treatments, you will be discussing with your therapist about the reason behind your deep tissue massage in Perth and what you want to achieve through the treatment. In this stage, you also need to sign an informed consent that is a legal requirement.
- Preparation of your muscle: The therapist will begin by warming up your muscles by putting oil and light pressure on the areas they will be working on.
- Stripping: This technique includes the application of thumbs, forearms, knuckles and elbows. In this phase, you will feel a gliding pressure along the muscle fibres.
- Friction: In this process, the pressure is applied across the grain of your muscles in order to realign the fibres of your tissue, as well as releasing any adhesions (the rigid tissue areas), which causes pain and discomfort.
You must know that it is unusual to feel any discomfort during the massage. The main if the massage is to break the muscle tension, adhesion and scar tissue that lie in deeper musculature; hence, for this, your therapist will apply a good amount of pressure. Nevertheless, if you are feeling uncomfortable, then you must let your therapist know about this immediately.
Important Aspects to follow to make the most from Your Deep Tissue Massage
From the above discussion, it is clear that what can you expect in your first deep tissue massage session. Next, you need to know about certain tips that will allow you to make the most from your deep tissue massage session. Here are the tips…
- Relax: If you are nervous about your first deep tissue massage session, then you need to relax. The sensors that might come during the therapy is all working to alleviate the discomfort that you have been experiencing from a long time. You will get numerous benefits of deep tissue massage, especially for chronic pain. Also, you need to avoid being tensed during the massage session, as it will be difficult for the therapist to do the job. This implies that the therapist will be unable to achieve the result you want.
- Drink a lot of water: Massage therapy in Perth helps in stimulating blood circulation and the lymphatic system inside your body. This means that your muscles will receive a significant amount of nutrients and oxygen. Also, this massage will help to cleanse the cells of toxins. In order to perform these functions effectively, your blood needs an appropriate level of water. Hence, you need to drink plenty of water. You might need to go to the toilet more than often, which is good as it will be easy for your body to get rid of the toxins that will, in turn, be beneficial for your deep tissue massage.
Therefore, these are some things you must know for your first deep tissue massage, and following the tips will help to achieve your requirement through the massage session. Also, it is recommended for you to get the deep tissue massage done from a certified therapist to get more effective results.
Created on Apr 1st 2020 09:39. Viewed 84 times.