Use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool for QuickBooks Desktopby Alex H. Marketing Expert
Learn the best ways to perform a clean install of QuickBooks Desktop for Windows to fix company file issues
QuickBooks is an ideal accounting software, designed by Inuit Inc., and generally used in mid-sized and small sized companies. This software allows users to enjoy the amazing features, such as bookkeeping, accounting, and filing taxes. It is essential for the organization to manage its financial accounting effortlessly.
QuickBooks also has many different functions, like electronic funds and time tracking options for employees. Sometimes, QuickBooks users might face errors, due to some technical defaults.
But in case, while performing the above steps if you face any problem or issue then just give us a call on 1-800-865-4183 and get instant solutions from our Intuit Certified technician.
What is QuickBooks Clean Install Tool?
QuickBooks Clean Install tool is used to repair the damage QuickBooks Desktop function, where only a simple re-install will not solve the problem. To resolve the issue, the users should un-install the QuickBooks Desktop for windows then renaming installation folders and then perform a QuickBooks desktop re-installation. The entire process is known as Clean Install of QuickBooks.
Few important points for QuickBooks clean installation:
- Always keep a backup of the data because it can be used in future.
- Download the CD which can be used to setup the QuickBooks.
- License number and product number should be present.
- Login the computer as windows administrator for the following next step of the setup.
- Always make sure that your device should be complete the installation.
- The users can ensure that their QuickBooks Desktop download file or installation CD, and license number are available.
- It is vital to Backup your company file to avoid any data.
Clean Install of QuickBooks Can Fix the Following Issues:
- Errors while opening the company file
- Display and template problems
- QuickBooks unrecoverable errors
- Run-time errors
Steps to Use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
First, you need to collect all the QuickBooks product info:
- Download QuickBooks installer according to your version.
- Keep your license number. If you have purchased the digital version, it must be on the original packaging or in the purchase confirmation email.
- Write carefully your product year and edition and back up your company file to preserve all your work.
Note: you can also get this information from the account management portal.
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Launch the Start Menu window. Look for the “Control Panel” and click and open Control Panel.
- Go to the Programs and Features/Uninstall a Program.
- Here you have a long list of installed programs, pick the version of QuickBooks Desktop which you are facing issues.
- After selecting that particular version, Choose Uninstall/Change and accept all the onscreen instructions. If in case, you do not view this option then you have to sign out from the current account and need to sign in back into Windows as an admin (or a user with admin rights).
Step 2: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Quit QuickBooks and download Tool Hub, save it any folder from where you can find easily (like downloads or desktop folder).
- Open downloaded file QuickBooksToolHub.exe and install it by following onscreen instructions. And also accept all the terms and conditions while installing.
- After installing this tool, double-click on it and open. If in case if you are not able to find out this tool then make a search in the Windows search bar for QuickBooks Tool Hub and choose the program.
How to Perform a clean install of QuickBooks desktop?
There are various significant solutions for QuickBooks clean install tool, which are given below:
Step 1 – Ensure that clean install is Right for you
The users should always attempt a basic reinstall of QuickBooks before doing a clean install. Most of the errors can be resolved from the basic reinstall itself.
Step 2 – Manually Rename the Installation folders
This step will show the all hidden files and rename the folder location that is listed for the Windows version. Add OLD or DAMAGED words at the end of the folder name. With the help of this step you will recognize the folder when you are looking to create a New one.
If you are getting error message “The access denied while renaming the folders” then follow the given steps:
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys together, on your keyboard to open the Task manager
- Now go to the Processes tab and choose QBDBMGERN.EXE, QBCFmonitorservice.exe, qbw32.exe files.
- Choose End button and hit a click on OK button.
Step 3 – Use the QuickBooks clean Install Tool
- Firstly, download the QuickBooks clean install tool and save it on your desktop.
- Open the QuickBooks ‘clean install utility’.
- Choose ‘I Accept on the license agreement’.
- Now, choose the QuickBooks versions.
- Click ‘OK’ and wait for the process to get complete.
Step 4 – Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Click the ‘Windows key’ and type ‘Control panel’ in the next field.
- Visit the ‘Programs and features’ or ‘Uninstall a Program’.
- Now, choose the QB desktop from the list of installed programs.
- Choose Uninstall/Change and then Remove option.
- Now follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
Step 5 – Reinstall QuickBooks desktop
- Firstly, Prepare for the install
- After that Install QuickBooks Desktop
- Now decide that which type of installation is right for you
- Express install
- Custom and Network install
- Finally activate your QuickBooks Desktop
In case, the above-mentioned steps did not support you to utilize “QuickBooks Clean Install Tool” and if you are not finding the above information helpful or want more guidance regarding the same, then, you may contact us at our QuickBooks Support Team Number on 1-800-865-4183 and get in touch with our Intuit Certified QB experts.
- Guest Post Service
Permanent Link | Do-Follow Backlinks | Costs as low as $0.5
- Ad Space Available - Rent it Now!
Created on May 25th 2020 04:58. Viewed 442 times.