U.S. Immigration: Top Five Tips for Avoiding Trouble
by Pathway Visas Best Visa Provider In Dubai
1. Avoid summary removal. When arriving in the U.S. from overseas, be ready to convince the border official that you deserve your entry visa. These officials have a lot of power, and they can send you back if they think you are a security risk or that you lied in order to get the visa. Tourists should be careful not to pack anything that looks like they're planning a permanent stay, such as a résumé or a wedding dress.
2. Notify USCIS of address changes. If you're spending more than 30 days in the United States, you must notify USCIS of your changes of address, within ten days of moving. You and every member of your family must send separate notifications. You can do so either by mailing in Form AR-11 (available on the USCIS website) or, better yet, by using USCIS's online change of address service. Also, be sure to send written word of your new address to every USCIS office that's handling an application of yours -- otherwise, the office might not hear of the change.
3. File multiple visa petitions. If you plan to get a green card through a family member, see if more than one member of your family is eligible to submit the visa petition for you. For example, a brother and a sister who are U.S. citizens could both file for you, as could a U.S. citizen spouse or parent. That way, if the waiting list in one category gets especially long or if one person dies, you'll have another option in the works already.
4. Don't be late. Be extremely careful to arrive on time for any scheduled appointment with the USCIS, a U.S. embassy or consulate, or the U.S. immigration court. Arriving late -- or not at all -- can result in months of delays at best and removal from the United States (deportation) at worst.
5. Avoid visa violations. Make sure you understand the fine print surrounding your visa, work permit, or green card, and follow the rules carefully. Violating even minor terms of your visa or green card -- for example, working while you're here as a tourist or helping to smuggle a family member over the border -- can result in your visa being canceled or you being deported.
Pathway Visas comes in the list of top 10 visa service provider in Dubai. They provide you with the best and hassle-free immigration services. To know more about Pathway Visas check Pathway Visas Reviews.
Created on Nov 4th 2017 02:07. Viewed 277 times.