Types of Event Management Softwareby sara sandeep Event Management Software
no clear distinctions on the types of event
management software, however we can order them by their list of
capabilities. A significant number of these highlights are bundled
independently and can be considered as a type of their own. Knowing these types
helps you understand how they work and which one to select.
1. Event management platform — Event management software platforms provide
end-to-end features that help in all stages of event planning. A comprehensive
event management software automates and streamlines manual processes by
handling everything from pre-event to post-event
activities. They also offer event marketing features to increase attendance and other analytics and survey tools that garners valuable event insights into attendance, feedback, expenses, and revenues.
2. Free, open source — There are several free, open source event management solutions that allow event organizers to create events according to their needs. These solutions are free but have limited functionalities such as simple event builder or scheduler. Most of these free apps charge a premium
to access paid features for events with more complex requirements.
3. Event registration — Event registration software allows people to self-register in real-time. With online event registration apps, customers can reschedule appointments, pay online, and instantly reach out to organizers for special requests. These tools eliminate schedule conflicts and make planners more
productive by freeing them from manually processing each booking.
4. Web conferencing — Web conferencing apps are stand-alone tools or can be part of an event management platform. These tools are only useful for online events, particularly webinars and online demos. The features of this tool can scale from simple meetings to huge conventions.
5. Live polling — Like web conferencing app, live polling is offered as one of the features in the suite of event management software or as a stand-alone app. Popular amongst event planners, live polling is a great way to spark attendee engagement while gathering important data. These apps
usually have a live graph that displays poll results in real-time and can be used for both small and large events. Most of the polling apps come with social media network integration to reach a larger, global audience.
6. Ticketing apps — Event Ticketing apps are important for selling tickets and collecting payments online. This tool also comes with more robust features such as attendance management and customization. These apps are mostly PCI compliant and reduce event planners job by streamlining payment collection and maintaining a record of it.
Created on Sep 3rd 2019 12:17. Viewed 263 times.