Tummy Tuck Surgery (Abdominoplasty) for a Tight, Toned Midsectionby BodySculpt NYC Body Sculpt - Plastic Surgery
Tummy tuck surgery or abdominoplasty removes excess fat and skin as well as tighten underlying abdominal muscles, and results in a flatter, smoother and more toned midsection. Aging, heredity, pregnancy, prior surgery and fluctuations in weight cause individuals of normal body weight and proportion to develop a protruding or loose and sagging abdomen. A combination of factors contributes to the overall loose abdomen including damaged loose skin with stretch marks, excess subcutaneous fat and stretched abdominal muscles that won’t bounce back (diastasis recti). In fact, the belly and midsection are areas where any people tend to carry a higher fat mass. This excess fat is most often resistant to diet and exercise. A tummy tuck in NYC can resolve these issues.
This cosmetic surgical procedure can eliminate stubborn deposits of fat and help you achieve a flat and tightened abdomen. This procedure is a popular component of a "mommy makeover" package for women following pregnancy (tummy tuck + breast lift), and for men who have developed a noticeable belly over time due to stubborn fat and weakened or permanently stretched out muscles and skin tissue. It is also an ideal solution for those with significant skin laxity after weight loss or bariatric surgery. For patients who have moderate to severe laxity in the skin and muscles at the abdomen but only a small amount of fat to be reduced, a tummy tuck alone may be recommended. However, liposuction may be incorporated into the tummy tuck procedure for those patients who want to address skin and muscle laxity as well as reduce a significant amount of fat.
The popularity of tummy tuck surgery continues to rise. The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) reported that abdominoplasty/ tummy tuck was one among the world’s most popular cosmetic surgical procedures in the year 2016, accounting for 7.4% of all surgical procedures. Of the 769,067 procedures performed globally in 2016, up to 137,610 procedures were performed in the United States alone.
Different Forms of Tummy Tuck
Surgeons perform different types of tummy tuck procedures. The methods utilized will vary depending on each patient's concerns and desired goals and will be discussed during the consultation.
- Complete or Full Abdominoplasty – This procedure is ideal for patients who require a more comprehensive solution. A surgical incision is made from hip to hip just above the pubic area and another one is made to free the navel from the surrounding skin. The skin is removed from the abdominal wall to expose the muscle and connective tissue, and the muscle fascia wall is tightened using sutures if necessary. Liposuction may be used to refine the outcomes. A new opening is made for the belly button and this may correct an old, stretched and shapeless previous belly button.
- Partial Abdominoplasty or Mini Tummy Tuck – For patients who have no significant protruding of the abdominal muscle wall and require only a small amount of abdominal skin to be removed, a mini tummy tuck may be sufficient to achieve satisfactory results.
- Liposuction-only Abdominoplasty – This is an ideal option for younger patients with good skin elasticity and moderate fatty deposits.
- Brazilian Tummy Tuck – In this procedure, the incision will be placed very low on the pubic area so that the surgical scar will not be visible even when a low-cut bikini is worn. It is generally used where there is more excess fat than skin. This procedure can reduce episodes of incontinence as it pulls up the pubic area.
Technologies Used for Performing a Tummy Tuck
NYC plastic surgeons perform a tummy tuck using FDA approved minimally-invasive, liposuction devices such as BodyTite, Smartlipo Triplex and VASER lipo. These advanced technologies allow the procedure to be performed on an outpatient basis using local anesthesia.
- BodyTite – This device uses a patented RFAL (radio-frequency assisted liposuction) technology for effective body sculpting. It eliminates fat and tightens skin without affecting the surrounding tissues.
- Smartlipo Triplex - This laser-assisted lipolysis device safely delivers the optimal blend of three laser wavelengths for better fat removal and enhanced tissue tightening.
- VASER lipo – This system uses ultrasound technology to melt the fat cells without damaging the nerves, blood vessels and connective tissue.
Before your tummy tuck surgery, you will be advised to
- Lab tests and preoperative medical evaluation
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications
- Stop smoking
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements
The outcome of tummy tuck will be a flatter, firmer abdominal contour that is more proportionate with your body type and weight. In fact, most patients report improved self-esteem as a result of this procedure.
Choose the Right Plastic Surgeon
If you are considering abdominoplasty in Manhattan, NYC, it is very important to ensure that the surgeon you choose has extensive experience in performing the procedure. Expert surgeons who offer tummy tuck surgery will first evaluate your candidature for the treatment. Having the surgery done in an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice by an experienced surgeon is crucial for quality treatment, personalized care, dedicated follow-up and optimal results.
Created on Feb 25th 2019 21:57. Viewed 315 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.