Tourists should not miss visiting Mehrauli Archaeological Park When in Manesarby Shobha Mehrotra Select Holiday Resorts Pvt. Ltd
Undoubtedly, the Mehrauli Archaeological Park near Manesar, Delhi is considered to be an archaeological wonder a tourist should not miss while visiting Delhi. For all the guests the Resorts in Manesar arrange daily package tour which covers this beautiful park which is spread over two hundred acres in Mehrauli near Delhi. This par is located near the Qutub Minar, a World Heritage site. This historical park signifies different periods ranging from Tomar Rajputs to Mughul Emperors.
- A testament to richness: Undoubtedly, the Mehrauli Archaeological Park is not only has a scenic beauty but also signifies the real testament to the richness of our ancient culture as most of the ruins seen here is more than fifty years old than Old Delhi, which has been known as Shahjahanabad. Few of the monuments kept here are from Tenth Century AD.
- Great architecture: The architecture of the buildings seen here is simply amazing and standing with great pride for their architectural excellence. One can witness the Balban’s Tomb, which is a well-known example of Indo-Islamic culture. More importantly, one could not resist appreciating the best architectural work of Mughals.
- Park’s Inner beauty: Tourists will not miss recognizing the stunning structures that can be seen inside the Mehrauli Archaeological Park. Places such as Balban’s Tomb, Rajon Ki Baoli are really amazing for their wonderful structural work. The visit to this park is said to be incomplete without visiting these stunning archaeological structures.
- Renovation gives a new look: Delhi tourism started its renovation-activities in 1997, and systematic documentation of various structures have been completed. The renovation program has also initiated the heritage walks since 2000. New signages were added for all the renovated monuments which makes the visitors easy to know the history of these structures.
- Jamali Kamali Masjid and Tomb: Visitors should not miss seeing this tomb which is said to be built in 1520, which contains two amazing monuments. Both stand adjacent to each other. One side is an excellent old mosque which is dedicated to the famous Sugi saint known as Shaikh Jamali Kamboh. The other side is the tomb which was built in the 16th century, which is the grave of Adham Khan.
- Lal Kot & Rai Pithora: Lal Kot is known to be the Fort city which was built during 1050 A.D by the Tomar Rajputs. This place was served as a sanctuary for the armies. Later it was renovated by Prithviraj Chauhan who got the control form Rajputs. The fort walls are clearly seen in ruins and seen scattered around Qutb complex.
Having known about the history of this wonderful park, a visit is a must for every tourist who stays in the Resorts near Delhi for the weekend. This magnificent park has its own charm, and it is ideal to visit this place during the daytime. Tourists need to equip themselves according to the seasonal weather.
Created on Nov 26th 2018 01:38. Viewed 136 times.