Top 5 IELTS Exam Speaking Tips Approved by Examinersby Mitzie Brueeissen Professional Expert
IELTS exam is among some tough English language tests that one should take to get yourself in some abroad colleges. The full form of the IELTS is International English Language Testing System and looked over by the British Council. The IELTS Singapore exam consists of Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking. As you know, the speaking test is considerably technical than all other sections; it should be thoroughly looked into during IELTS preparation.
As the title suggests, here we are going to discuss some important tips related to the speaking test. But before we do that, let’s discuss the speaking test format.
IELTS Speaking Test Format
Introduction & Interview (4-5 minutes)
In this section, the examiner introduces him/herself and asks you to do the same. To help you get familiar, the examiner asks you some general questions related to family, work, studies, and hobbies.
Individual long turn (3-4 minutes)
After the introduction part is completed, you are asked to talk about a particular topic. For that, you’re given a minute along with a pencil and paper to prepare for the topic you need to deliver in front of the examiner. The examiner then asks you some questions on the same topic.
Two-way discussion (4-5 minutes)
Then, the examiner asks further questions related to the topic asked in the second part. Afterward, you will be having general discussions related to different issues and topics.
List of 5 IELTS Exam Speaking Tips
1. During IELTS preparation, take some ample time to practice speaking the English language. For example, you can take time practicing English with friends, n the lead-up to the Speaking test, make sure you take the time to office colleagues, and on the phone. You should consider recording yourself while speaking English to assess how well you speak. Try judging your pronunciation and clarity.
2. Try to examine how well you speak about a topic or issue. For this, you can speak about a topic in front of a friend or family member and see if they understand what you’re trying to convey to them. This helps in assessing your expressive side.
3. Don’t let exam fear ruin your day. You should be mentally prepared to deal with an examiner in a very friendly manner. Remember, there’s no pass or fail in the IELTS test Singapore. So, make sure to keep the nervousness aside and try speaking flawlessly.
4. Remember repetition of words leaves a negative impression in the mind of the examiner. So, it is best that you don’t repeat the word the examiner has to say. Suppose, you are asked “tell me something about your city”; you don’t want to answer “okay, let me tell you something about the city I live in”. Believe me, it’s the worst thing you can do in the speaking test of the IELTS exam.
5. You must speak clearly at a natural pace without faking an accent. But, make sure that you mispronounce any word as it can certainly hamper your marks. As for the accent, if you don’t know, please don’t try faking it. You can be heavily penalized. Speak clearly and at a natural pace. If you speak too quickly, you may make
With that, we have come to the end of this article on IELTS tips. We hope that it helps you in a way or another to score some good band in the IELTS exam.
Created on Jun 26th 2021 03:11. Viewed 116 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.