Top Tips on Fighting Anxiety Before It Approachesby Advik Verma Heath Consultant
Anxiety related disorders in India are getting very common, with one in every four persons is experiencing it at some points in their lives. Recent reports have shown that anxiety in school going students is also rising due to the mental pressure and other mental stress.
In fact, anxiety is so ubiquitous in today’s world it has even left us to wonder, that are we even living in the anxiety epidemic. However, understanding anxiety is not that difficult, once you understand what causes you to get anxious you can surely work on that next time before it approaches you and you know better how to take stress & anxiety care.
What are the different kinds of anxiety-related disorders?
Generally, a person can suffer from 5 different type of anxiety related disorders.
• Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
• Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
• Panic Disorder
• Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
• Social Phobia (or Social Anxiety Disorder)
What are the Symptoms of anxiety?
All anxiety disorders share some general symptoms:
• Panic, fear, and uneasiness
• Sleep problems
• Not being able to stay calm and still
• Shivering hands or legs while facing public
• Cold, sweaty, numb or tingling hands or feet
• Shortness of breath
• Heart palpitations
• Dry mouth
• Tense muscles
How can one stop anxiety before it approaches?
One can stop them from entering in the mode of anxiety in many ways. Some of them include:
• Do a task 25% more slowly than usual. Allow yourself to savour not rushing.
• Forgive yourself for not handing a situation in an ideal way, including interpersonal situations. That is the best thing you can do to move forward in a positive way now.
• Ask yourself if you are jumping to conclusions? For example, if you are worried someone is very annoyed with you, do you know for sure this is the case or are you jumping to conclusions?
• Try gentle distraction; find something at which you want to pay attention.
• Go for a run.
• Put something that is out of place in its place. (Physical order often helps us feel a sense of mental order.)
• Forgive yourself for not foreseeing a problem that occurred.
• Take a slow breath. Continue slow breathing for 3 minutes.
• Try giving more public appearance and speeches.
• Drop your shoulders and perform a gentle neck roll exercise.
• State the emotions you are feeling as words, e.g., “I feel angry and worried right now.” (Aloud, but to yourself)
With some of these amazing tips, you can help yourself counter the situation of anxiety. However, if you feel it is too late to control than talk to your doctor immediately about it. He might prescribe you with some regular medication that can help you cure your anxiety related disorders.
If you feel shy about purchasing the medication offline, you can order them online without stepping out of the house, from the available online medicine apps and get your parcel delivered right at your doorstep.
Created on Oct 1st 2018 01:48. Viewed 605 times.