Tips and advice to kick out a delinquent tenant Part IIby Vinay Singh seo and marketing adviser
Eviction claim, deadlines and delivery
Although there may be cases, the least, of non-payment once we make the process to the lawyer there is no going back.
With this we do not mean that everything is going to be solved now, far from it, but that we must be prepared to go to trial in case the tenant objects or in the best cases, that not all, does not object in which case will be directly evicted from your property.
Various parties are involved in this process, on the one hand, your attorney / attorney and, on the other hand, the court. Sometimes a third party can be included, which is the tenant's defense, that is, his / her attorney / attorney.
This is the worst case scenario, that is, that the tenant opposes the eviction demand process for which we must be prepared.
For this, we must take into account several things:
· First, a legal process takes time . It can take from 6 months to a year. Tip: patience.
· Second, go to a good lawyer . Although the important part in this case is the court, having a good specialist lawyer will know what legal steps to take so that the process does not take too long, and to speed up the procedural documents. In other words, it saves time and money.
· If the court admits the eviction request to be processed, it is notified and it has 10 days to pay or present the evidence that what the owner, that is, we are saying. In this case, the procedure will proceed and the court will decide which party lies.
· The latter is key. We must show that no payments were made . Search and collect bank bills, receipts and everything you can prove that monthly installment payments have not occurred.
· In the event that the court issues a favorable judgment to the owner, it will establish a date on which the delinquent tenant must make the payment or leave the house.
· And this is another matter, depending on the duration of the contract, we may have a delinquent tenant who has paid but who has not abandoned the house since he has made the payment of the debt and does not have to leave the apartment or house.
· Final tip : be prepared for all these scenarios.
Cover your back
Take out rental insurance . So clear and simple. This is the best advice we can tell you to avoid the situation of having to evict a delinquent tenant.
The advantages of having such a service are the following:
· Saving of time and money.
· Minimize the legal consequences of having a defaulter.
· Sleep better and calmer.
· Avoid an uncomfortable situation.
If you do not know how this service works, do not hesitate to consult our rental department , but before we also advise you to take a look at these other related articles, the 10 mistakes you should avoid when renting a house and the 10 tips for rent a house .
And as a gift, we leave you with this other: how should you act in the face of flaws and hidden vices in homes ? Yes, we already know that it is a lot of information, but believe us we do not want you to go through such an unpleasant, uncomfortable and exasperating situation how it is to have to deal with a delinquent tenant.
If you want to avoid it, follow these tips and if you need any questions or queries, don't hesitate to contact us. And don't forget to read our real estate blog !
Created on Apr 10th 2020 01:31. Viewed 123 times.