Teach Your Kid the art of persuasion-5 Interesting Waysby Presidium Noida School
Why on earth would any parent want to make their kids learn to argue and be persuasive? The only reason is - persuasion is powerful. In ancient times, persuasion was a mandatory component of education. Teaching society’s elite crowd how to debate and make public decisions and reach consensus was very useful and vital skills. These days, people and our culture has lost the ability to gracefully disagree with one another, explains one a Principal of one of the top schools in Noida. Children need to develop their logical argumentative or persuasion skills. This can take place only upon honing their critical thinking skills. Students hence need to develop skills to think and argue with logic, explained one of the senior faculties at one of the best high schools in Noida.
Let us check out few interesting ways to teach your child to argue logically, as suggested by veteran teachers in top high schools in Noida:
- Explain: Explain to them what logic is.Begin by explaining to the kids what logic means and what it means to be logical, with examples, suggests a tenured faculty at one of the top schools in Noida, Delhi NCR. For example say, 'we must have a chocolate cake for breakfast' or a more logical one, like '...having a chocolate cake in the breakfast is a good option because it contains, eggs and it is protein and milk which is dairy'.
- Enhance: Give them chances to enhance their persuasion skills. Let's suppose the siblings are disagreeing with each other and one comes to you asking for a solution. Instead of imposing your decision, ask one of the kids to persuade the other in getting what they want to reasonably, advise one of the most popular and veteran faculty in one of the best high schools in Noida, Delhi NCR.
- Teach them by showing them:
When they are arguing with you, ask them to rephrase the entire case showing logic and reasons. Repeat what they are saying and point out loopholes in their case. It is vital to teach them by showing them how to make logical cases and making stronger arguments, explains senior faculty at one of the top schools in Noida, Delhi NCR.
- Difference: Clearly, explain them the difference between arguing and fighting.Explain them clearly that when they fight with someone they make contact with the other person with some sort of weapon or a body part. It should be clearly explained to them that such kind of behavior would not be accepted, they can only go to the extent of logically arguing, advise one of the most veteran faculty in one of the best high schools in Noida, Delhi NCR. Always educate them about the proper way to argue by keeping the voice down and only making logical points as to why they think that they are right.
- Sympathetic:Tell your child to be sympathetic.It is important to tell your child how significant it is to be sympathetic while persuading somebody. Make sure you give them ample examples, such as using statements, like “I understand your reason; however, it is more important for me because...” While you teach them such statements they will further understand how to determine the logic in their arguments and they will not fuss over silly matters.
Once they learn this art of persuasion, you will be surprised how well your kids will be able to manage situations in their stride throughout their lives. All the best!
Created on Nov 17th 2017 03:08. Viewed 275 times.