Tasty and healthy evening snacks for kidsby Jain Farm fresh Fun Fruit Snack Evening snacks are a favourite with the kids. Back from school, they love to gorge on all these little mini-meals and would rather skip dinner over these. Taste wins over nutrition for them, much to our concern. To make it a win-win situation for both the kids and us, we have to come up with creative ways to make tasty, yet healthy evening snacks for kids.
So as parents we have to think smart and be inventive and come up with nutritious snacks that have a yummy and fun twist to them.
Here are a couple of evening snacks for kids that will tickle their palate and boost their health
This is a delicious Indian snack for kids and is an instant hit with them. It is super easy to make and is nutritious at the same time.
- 1 cup dosa batter
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup finely chopped capsicum
- ¼ cup grated cheese
- 2 tbsp garlic butter
- Coriander to garnish
- To the dosa batter add onion, carrot, and capsicum. Mix well
- Add salt, pepper as per taste and chopped green chili (optional)
- Add fresh coriander and mix well
- Now put a non-stick pan on low heat and grease with oil
- Once the pan is hot, ladle one serving spoon of the dosa mixture, spread and allow to cook for a minute
- Drizzle some garlic butter on it
- Now sprinkle some cheese
- Flip the side and let cook till the dosa is crisp and the aroma of garlic, cheese wafts in the air
- Serve hot with fresh coconut and green chutney
- Watch your kids gobble this yum snack in no time at all!
This fluffy and soft delight is another favourite evening snack for the kids and wins them over in no time at all. Not only are the pancakes easy to make, but they are also healthy as they are made with wheat flour and have very little sugar.
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tsp ground sugar
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 tbsp oil
- In a bowl, mix milk, sugar and baking powder
- Leave for 2 minutes. The mixture will rise a bit, as the baking powder is a rising agent
- Now add cinnamon powder, flour, oil and salt
- Mix well and ideally cover and leave the batter for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes, heat a non-stick pan and grease it
- Now ladle a spoonful of the pancake batter on the pan and spread it and let it cook
- Once done, flip the side and repeat.
- Your soft, fluffy and delish pancakes are ready
- Serve with your maple syrup, homemade jam, chocolate spread, seasonal fruits, whatever your child likes
- Watch them tuck in the pancakes at the speed of light!
Evening snacks for kids take an entirely new meaning with the above snacks. Every home has their own favourite recipes and sharing them gives each of us more healthy choices for our kids.
Another quick and healthy idea for an evening snack for kids is FRU2go. This is a 100% pure fruit drink and comes in many flavours. It is a great on the go snack to grab when the kids are rushing out to play.
Created on Dec 13th 2018 23:16. Viewed 236 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.