STEPS TO FIX QUICKBOOKS ERROR 6000, 816by john rise I am an IT Expert in USA
QuickBooks software has various issues and errors that can limit you from working on your accounts. QuickBooks Error 6000, 816 is one of such error which is measured as an organization file issue because it persists when you try to access your QuickBooks Company. This error generally persists when you try to access a damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company file.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6000 816
Knowing about the causes that can be helpful while resolving where you have to work. Causes of the QuickBooks Error 6000, 816 are as given below:
- You are opening a corrupted or damaged QB company file.
- QuickBooks company file is not physically available in your local drive.
- The current Windows individual does not have sufficient rights to access the company file.
- The folder that stores the company file is either damaged or its path is too deep.
- Damaged QuickBooks installation.
- Virus or malware infection.
Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000, 816 are as given below:
Method 1: Rename.ND and .TLG Files
- Press Windows + E keys together to open the Windows Explorer.
- Go to the folder that contains your data files of QB.
- Situate and have a right-click on the files with.TLG and.ND extension one by one. (These files will have the same name as your company files there file extensions are different)
- Click on the Rename from the drop-down list and then add.OLD at the end of the file name. You have to do this on both files.
- Try to open the same QuickBooks company file through QuickBooks.
Method 2: Open a Sample Company File
Opening a sample file is not actually a resolution for this error but it will make it clear whether the actual issue is happening your company file or in the QuickBooks software.
- Click anywhere on the No Company File open window
- Choose the Open Sample File and then choose a template
Now, If the sample file opens then it means that your QuickBooks files are damaged or corrupted and if opening a sample file also throws the same error then it means your QuickBooks installation is damaged and you have to repair it.
If your QuickBooks company file is damaged then you need to use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
If your QuickBooks software is having some issues then you first need to use the QuickBooks.
Method 3: Copy QuickBooks Files on the Desktop
Copying your QuickBooks file to the desktop will make it obvious whether your folder is situated or not.
- Press Windows + E keys to open the Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to the folder that contains your QuickBooks data files.
- Place and copy the QuickBooks Company file (.qbw).
- Paste the file on your desktop.
- Try open the QuickBooks Company file again.
Reach Us for Support
Provided solutions permit you to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 816 easily. Moreover, if you are not able to resolve the error then you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number ……………………….. and you will be offered the required solution.
Created on Aug 14th 2019 05:18. Viewed 94 times.