Solutions Used To Generate Treated Timberby jacks liam Floor Suppliers
Timber is a versatile material and it is said that no other material can even come closer to the versatility that it has got. But at the same time, it has some drawback or limitations too and one is that it is very vulnerable to the damages caused by nature. To make sure that you don’t face them, you can use the treated timber that does not lose its versatility even after being treated, but at the same time; it becomes very robust and resistant to the harshness of weather. The most important factor with treated timber is that after getting treated, it becomes immune to pests and termite attacks.
- According to the experts, different kinds of treatments are offered to timber and no matter which one is used, you will experience the same treated timber that has properties to protect wood from harmful elements that can cause damage, rot and decay.
- An interesting thing to know is that different treatments work differently to render the same kind of robustness and you will find some working well against termites. Then, there would be some offering robust protection against borers and some helping the timber getting rid from fungi.
- This is the first kind of preservative used in the production of treated timber and the solution is mixed in the water and the wood is submerged in the water for some time.
- The entire solution is absorbed by the wood while in it inside the solution based water.
Copper Chrome Arsenate (CCA)
- This Copper Chrome Arsenate or CCA has the ability to protect timber from a wide array of threats and the most common ones are rot, fungi, termites and other wood-boring insects.
- The main constituents of CCA are copper, chromium and most importantly, arsenic to render protection from pests and rotting.
- The copper works in the treated timber by preventing it from rotting and the arsenic plays its role by warding off pests like termites, borers.
- The role of chromium is to keep them together into an insoluble compound and experts say that CCA treated timber can be used in the outdoors as well.
- This type of timber is the best choice for areas, where there is high moisture and lots of insects.
Alkaline Copper Quaternary (ACQ)
- ACQ or Alkaline Copper Quaternary works effectively because it uses copper to protect treated pine or recycled timber from issues like fungal attack.
- Here, ammonium quaternary acts as a pest repellent and ensures that pests like termite, borers, etc. can stay away from the treated timber.
- An interesting point is that timber treated using this solution has almost all the qualities and features of the timber treated using CCA solution.
- This brings us to the fact that this treated timber can also be immensely usefully and success in the exteriors or areas that experience higher content of moisture in the climate.
As mentioned above, no matter what kind of treated timber you use, the fact would remain the same that the life of the wood certainly gets prolonged and it will require lesser maintenance than ever. Therefore, next time, whenever you are out buying a timber, remember to have a look at the treated timber present at the shops.
Created on Aug 19th 2019 04:53. Viewed 192 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.