Recycled Timber: History & Uses Guideby jacks liam Floor Suppliers
In the past few years, we have witnessed an immense growth in the popularity of recycled timber. For some very cool reasons, this version has now developed into the first choice of the users. Those who are not aware of this product need to go through this post, as we have presented almost all the useful information about this product.
What Is Recycled Timber?
- According to the sellers of recycling posts, etc., the concept of recycled timber came into existence after the rapidly growing concerns related to global warming, deforestation, etc.
- You will find people engaged in producing recycled timber from old wooden structures like barns, old buildings, bridges and structures that had been demolished.
How Is Timber Recycled?
- Old wooden structures are very common in all parts of Australia and from there; the timber is reclaimed or salvaged when these structures are demolished.
- During the demolition process, the timber is stripped out or stockpiled and that is later bought by the companies that engage in recycling them.
- These collected pieces are then tested for any kind of contamination, etc. and once found clear; they are de-nailed and later sent for demilling.
- After the demilling process, they are used for producing new products such as recycled timber floors, recycled flooring, recycled posts, etc.
- Because the manufacturing process is lengthy and involves so many people, you will find this version priced at a very premium range in the markets.
What is recycled timber used for?
- A very remarkable feature is that it is very stable in nature and has unmatched hardiness.
- Because of these two features, this version of timber is considered ideal for structural use.
- Other than this, you will find this version being used in aesthetically-oriented projects like furniture.
Uses Of Recycled Timbers Include:
- Using this recycled timber, you can create a robust and a durable bench top and in most cases, it can be built from one single piece.
- Yes, there is an option of using different arts to create one, but the pleasing looks can come only when they are made up of only one single piece.
- You can even create thicker benches that fit really well with kitchen tops and islands.
Decking & Flooring
- According to the experts, this version can be an ideal solution for giving a rustic look and feel to the home and in fact, you can find warm tones to use for this purpose.
- You can find recycled timber in three different forms and believe that all of them look really great.
The names are –
- Dressed - will provide precise sizing and a consistently smooth finish. May still exhibit recycled characteristics.
- Dressed and hand brushed - as above, but with the beautiful textured finish.
- Sawn and hand brushed - a less precise sizing, potentially a more rustic look with variation likely in weathering, colours, and finish.
Sellers say that decking and flooring made up of recycled timber is considered ideal for both residential and commercial usage. Using this version, a really relaxed and inviting natural space can be created.
Created on Mar 15th 2019 04:07. Viewed 264 times.