Siemens Point-of-care Analyzers for Immediate, Lab Quality Resultsby Jeremy Linder Lab Equipment Supplier
Point-of-care analyzers offer fast, lab-quality results for blood analysis, electrolyte and enzyme analysis, and drugs of abuse and pregnancy testing.
Point-of-care testing (POCT) refers to testing at or near the site of patient care whenever medical care is required. POCT devices are used for performing various diagnostic applications like analysis of blood for measuring lipid profile, glucose, cholesterol levels, ALT, TC/HDL, TC, AST, TC-HDL-GLU, hs-CRP values, perform electrolyte and enzyme analysis, test for drugs of abuse and for infectious diseases, and for pregnancy testing. Generally used in physicians’ offices, hospitals, clinical laboratories and patient homes, these analyzers deliver quick and accurate test results for fast clinical decision-making. Leading laboratory equipment suppliers offer quality POC analyzers from top manufacturers. Siemens point-of-care analyzers are designed to offer lab-quality performance and drive patient compliance at the point-of-care.
Top Models of Siemens POC Analyzers
- Siemens DCA Vantage - Ideal for use in the physician’s office as well as remote, point-of-care coordinated sites in hospitals and multisite practices, this POC analyzer helps monitor glycemic control and detect early kidney disease. It detects HbA1c level from a small (1 µL) whole blood sample in 6 minutes and A:C Ratio from a urine specimen in 7 minutes. The results are uploaded to a PC via a USB flash drive to reduce manual logging, thereby saving time. The device comes with a onboard storage capacity of up to 4,000 records. The bar-code scanner allows for safer and faster patient/operator ID entry.
- Epoc™ Host2 Motorola - This wireless handheld device provides blood gas, electrolyte, and metabolite results at the patient's side in approximately 35 seconds. Test results are immediately transmitted into the EMR. Featuring a single cartridge, it comes with a comprehensive test menu with 13 different analytes. The device is compatible with Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.5 Classic.
- Epoc Reader with Power Supply – The Epoc™ Reader with Power Supply analyzes the BGEM Test Card and provides results to the user in approximately 35 seconds. The device auto-calibrates the BGEM Test Card prior to every sample introduction. It wirelessly communicates bi-directionally with the epoc Host and LIS/HIS. Other standard features include -
* Battery life of up to 70 test cards
* Real time wireless and LIS/HIS communication
* Weight (Metric) - 354g
* Patient ID and operator ID integrated barcode scanner
* Dimensions (D x W x H) - 8.46 x 3.35 x 2in
* Operating temperature - 15°C to 30°C
Partner with a Reliable Laboratory Equipment Supplier
Siemens point-of-care analyzers are available in online in laboratory equipment stores. Established dealers offer the devices at competitive prices and also provide comprehensive after-sales service, including maintenance support.
Created on Oct 22nd 2018 22:55. Viewed 466 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.