Siemens DCA Vantage Analyzer for Efficient Point-of-care Diabetes Careby Jeremy Linder Lab Equipment Supplier
The Siemens DCA Vantage point-of-care analyzer an ideal option for diabetes management in physicians’ offices, point-of-care coordinated sites in hospitals, and multisite practices.
Fast and accurate HbA1c results are important to improve patient decision-making and drive diabetic patient compliance. Point-of-care analyzers facilitate testing of blood glucose levels allow face-to-face testing and promote better patient management. Leading clinical laboratory equipment dealers offer quality analyzers equipped with advanced features and testing capabilities. The DCA Vantage from Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics is premium quality point-of-care analyzer model that simplifies diabetes testing and delivers accurate and clinically relevant results for efficient disease management. This device is an ideal option to monitor glycemic control and detect early kidney disease in various settings such as physicians’ offices and remote, point-of-care coordinated sites in hospitals, and multisite practices.
DCA Vantage -- Advanced Features
Integrated with advanced features, this analyzer meets NGSP performance criteria. It can be easily used by three out of four physicians who perform HbA1c testing in their office.
The DCA Vantage provides HbA1c from a whole blood sample in six minutes and Albumin, Creatinine, and A:C (Albumin-to-Creatinine) ratio from a urine specimen in seven minutes. With Fast results the need for follow-up visits is minimal. Fast, reliable test results allow healthcare providers to determine the effective of a treatment plan, make therapeutic decisions more confidently, and promote patient compliance.
The DCA Vantage point-of-care analyzer uses a monoclonal antibody agglutination reaction to analyze whole blood samples for HbA1c. This piece of lab equipment can test from a small (1 µL) whole blood sample in just 6 minutes. The testing procedure involves just a few simple steps –
* Collect blood from a capillary puncture into a capillary holder (supplied with the analyzer)
* Insert the sample filled holder into the reagent cartridge
* Verify the analyzer’s calibration by sliding the reagent cartridge through the slot and inserting the reagent cartridge (containing the specimen) into the instrument
* Analysis starts when the instrument door is closed
* Results are automatically uploaded and QC information sent to LIS/HIS, avoiding the need for manual logging and saving time
The device comes with an onboard GFR calculator indexes kidney function to help the health care provider monitor kidney disease progression and recommend the most effective treatment plan. The printed patient records and electronic transmission to LIS electronic medical record reduces transcription errors. Other important features and specifications of the device include –
* Small blood sample size (1 µL) increases patient comfort
* Local storage capacity of up to 4,000 onboard records
* Bar-code scanner allows safer and faster patient/operator ID entry
* No sample or reagent preparation required
* Review results on-screen or generate a hard copy report to minimize transcription errors in the office
* Self-contained cartridges (facilitate easy, walk away operation after sample loading)
* Reduces manual logging and save time
* Powerful sorting capabilities
* Minimal maintenance requirements
* Automatic reminders (which alerts when maintenance is due)
* Automatically upload results to a PC via a USB flash drive
* HbA1c patient trending graphs can be viewed or printed
* Test measurement - Automatic, optional transmission
* Test format - Self-contained immunoassay cartridges
* Optional lockout if schedule not followed or QC fails
* Adjustable correlation to reference methods
Customizable security access modes support up to 1,000 operators, protect patient information, and prevent operation by unauthorized users.
Choose a Reliable Medical Lab Equipment Supplier
Purchasing Siemens DCA Vantage analyzer from the online store of an established lab equipment supplier would ensure competitive pricing. Reliable dealers also provide excellent post-sales support.
Created on Jun 25th 2018 04:29. Viewed 119 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.