Reverse Osmosis: Why Is It a Great Choice?by Water Purifier Anjan Sengupta (Service Head)
As soon as you begin your search for a water purifier unit, you are bombarded with the technology reverse osmosis or RO, and the many benefits it would have for your water purification process. With so much information, and not enough clarity - it is easy to get overwhelmed and end up being confused. We understand it is a bad state to make any decision, leave alone the decision about RO water, which will likely impact your family’s health and wellbeing for the next decade to come.
That’s exactly why we decided to bring you this article detailing everything you need to know about RO or Reverse Osmosis, how it works, why it is useful and whether you need RO water for your home use or not. So, let’s get started on this trip of knowledge.
What is Reverse Osmosis?
Reverse Osmosis is a physical filtration process where impure water is pushed through a special type of membrane. This membrane, called a semipermeable membrane allows only water molecules to go through it, while leaving out all the dirt, metal and particulate sediments that make the water unclear and smelly. The process works when the water is pushed through the filtration membrane under pressure, making sure that only water molecules actually pass through. The most important aspect of the water purifier unit is the quality of this RO membrane. The resultant output is clear, odorless and impurity-free RO water.
Why is it helpful?
One of the most underestimated impacts of indiscriminate industrialization as well as modern agricultural practices is the pollution of our ground water as well as drinking water sources that are explored for bringing tap water to every home. Without a water purifier unit, it is highly possible that every drop of drinking water we today have access to is filled with harmful chemicals, particulate impurities and inorganic sediments. RO water, on the other hand is pure and fit for consumption.
What happens if I don’t consume RO water?
In today’s day and age, consumption of tap water could be disastrous. These impurities not only cause short-term infections, but also long-term conditions such as fluorosis, renal failure, hypertension etc. Without access to pure drinking water, your family’s capacity to perform everyday functions gets impacted as a result of consistent poor health, frequent medical ailments as well as the burden of the cost and pain of treatment. As a result, your family’s health goes down, and your healthcare bills go up.
How to choose the right water purifier unit?
It is fantastic that you’ve made the decision of bringing home a water purifier unit. But now, you are faced with hundreds of questions about how to choose the right water purifier that fits your family’s needs.
- Test your water: A local water-testing lab should be able to help you out to figure the kind of impurities that are in your drinking water. If you see a lot of germs and bacteria making way into your drinking water source, you might want to also choose a copper RO, or a UV-purifier in combination with the RO water purifier.
- Choose your technologies: Do you want just a UV purifier, or a UV+RO purifier? Do you want a copper RO to add health benefits to your family, with every glass of water consumed? Are you also looking to have a taste enhancer which will add back crucial minerals before giving you the best tasting, naturally enhanced purified water? You make the decision.
- Find your budget: While a good RO water purifier is a long-term investment, it will help you to work within a budget to get this home. You will find good models of water purifiers in the least budgets - and as the price goes up, you will get additional features such as choices in color, design, digital displays etc. Once you know how much you want to spend on it, you can begin exploring products within that budget.
- Choose a good brand: A good water purifier unit is one that comes with high-quality parts and filters. It is a one-time purchase, but investing into the wrong brand might land you in trouble with having to do multiple part-replacements and paid services to just keep the unit running. Instead, choose a dependable brand such as Pureit - so a lot of these troubles are taken care of by the company itself.
- Compare products: Before making this life-long commitment, you have to make sure that you are finding the best product. It will help to read user reviews online to understand what really happens after purchasing products, any difficulties other buyers faced with a product of your choice, and how some products were simply extraordinary. Also look for expert reviews of products, as well as YouTube videos of how the product will look and be installed to be completely sure of what you’re putting your hard-earned money into.
With these, you should now be able to make a good, informed decision about the best RO water purifier unit for you.
If you still have questions, don’t hesitate to call our helpline and our experts would be happy to help you out.
Created on Apr 21st 2020 00:58. Viewed 569 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.