QuickBooks Multi-User Mode not Working | Let’s Fix itby John Kartan Accounting And Bookkeeping
QuickBooks multi-user environment is a set up of a host computer that stores the company file and multiple workstation computers connected to it that access the company file. Setting up and running QuickBooks in multi-user mode is quite easy if all the supporting components like database server manager are updated and working efficiently. Even after properly setting up multi-user mode users sometimes come across “multi-user mode not working” error. Such errors not only affect the system that displays the error but also other workstation computers that are connected to the server. If you have also encountered issues switching QuickBooks to multi-user mode, then follow the troubleshooting methods listed in this article for quick relief from the error.
Are you unable to switch QuickBooks to multi-user mode and need experts assistance troubleshooting the issue? If yes, then dial 844-888-4666 and get in touch with our certified QuickBooks Desktop experts now
What are the Reasons that Causes Trouble Running QuickBooks in Multi-User Mode?
- If either the QuickBooks installed on the workstation or on the server is outdated.
- There are more than one computers in the network that are set to host the company file.
- If QuickBooks Database Server Manager is either damaged or is not running while switching QuickBooks to multi-user mode.
Tested Solutions to Fix Errors Switching QuickBooks to Multi-user Mode
Solution 1: Run an Update of your QuickBooks Desktop on the Server
- Open QuickBooks on the server computer and click the Help tab.
- Select Update QuickBooks Desktop and click the Update Now tab.
- Now select Get Updates option and let the application download all the updates.
- Restart QuickBooks and check if this resolves the error.
Solution 2: Re-verify the Hosting Settings on both Server and the Workstation
- Open QuickBooks on the server and click the File tab.
- Now move your cursor to the Utilities section and make sure QuickBooks is set to host the company file and running in multi-user mode.
- If not, then make the necessary changes and move to the workstation computer.
- On the workstation computer, you need to ensure that it is running in single-user mode.
- Check each workstation connected to the server and ensure no one is running in multi-user mode.
Solution 3: Restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Press Windows + R and type Services.msc in the command box.
- Press Enter and scroll down to find the QBDBMgrN service.
- Select the service and click Restart from the left pane.
Created on Mar 9th 2021 10:32. Viewed 86 times.