QuickBooks File Doctor - Fix Company File & Network issuesby John Luther Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor
QuickBooks File Doctor - It is a repairing software that is used to fix data corruption, network diagnosis, and Windows problems. This tool is an advanced version of QuickBooks Diagnostic tool that came into existence in 2012. If you are using QuickBooks 2016 and later then you are able to access the built-in or integrated QuickBooks file doctor tool that helps in resolving problems related to QuickBooks. If you want to get the most up to date version then visit Intuit’s QuickBooks File Doctor Tool Download page.
How was the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool launched?
QB File doctor tool has been developed by intuit especially for QuickBooks users. This tool is launched after merging two applications, one with the name, QuickBooks Company File Diagnostic Tool and the other one is QuickBooks Network Connectivity Diagnostic Tool.
QB File doctor is a great tool which not only solves the network issues but also, diagnoses the file errors and attempts to resolve the errors instantly.
Issues that can be resolved by using QuickBooks File Doctor
Following is the list of errors that will help to resolve the errors by using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool:
- You can resolve all the company file errors by using the QB file Doctor tool.
- QuickBooks error 6000 series can be fixed.
- Resolve the installation errors that appear at the time of using QuickBooks.
- Fix the errors that occur at the time of updating any program related to QuickBooks.
- Troubleshoot the issues related to the empty customer list and vendor list.
- Multi-user errors can be resolved.
- If you are not able to use QuickBooks Database manager then, use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to detect the errors.
- You will be able to fix the data damages and issues in the Windows registry.
- The H series of QuickBooks errors can also be fixed that includes H101, H202, H303, and H505 errors.
- 6150: Occurs when QuickBooks installation is damaged.
- 6000 82: when you are not able to access QuickBooks.
- 6000 301: When the location of the file has been changed.
- 6147: Failed to restore the backup.
- 6130: Rearrange Windows firewall settings.
What are the Requirements of using QuickBooks File Doctor needed?
Below are the points that you should take into consideration before accessing QB File Doctor Tool:
- You should have the administration access.
- You must have the proper Internet connection.
- The company file that you want to diagnose should be in the limit of 2 GB.
- It is required that you should have a singular installation of QuickBooks on your PC so that, this tool works properly.
- You need to update QuickBooks to the latest version before using QuickBooks File Doctor.
- The file doctor tool is only compatible with the Windows OS versions of QuickBooks. This tool is not suitable for the Mac versions.
Steps to Download and Install QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Given below are the steps to download and install the File Doctor Tool:
- Firstly, visit the Intuit Website intuit.com.
- Launch the QuickBooks File Doctor Download Page.
- Choose Download
- Save the tool on the desktop so that you can find it easily.
- Double-click on the file named as QBFD.exe.
- Lastly, you will have the instructions to install the file doctor on your screen.
- Then, you need to follow the instructions.
How to access QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Double-click on the QB File Doctor Tool.
- Click on the Diagnose File to browse the company file that you want to repair.
- Enter the username and the password of the company file.
- Now, you have to wait until the diagnosis gets completed.
- Choose one of the option: server or workstation.
- Then, choose Yes if you are accessing file doctor tool that is hosting the company file and if you are accessing QB file doctor on the PC that is not hosting the company file then choose
- Close QB File Doctor when you are done with the diagnosis process.
- Restart the company file and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Possible Outcomes of using QuickBooks File Doctor
You will have the following results after accessing this tool:
The file Doctor has not found to find any issue.
In this case, you are free to log in back into the company file. In case, you are having any difficulty in launching the company file then, you are suggested to use Auto Data Recovery setup.
QB file doctor has found the problem and able to resolve it.
Once the process gets completed, choose “Open New Company” file.
QB File Doctor detected the error but unable to resolve it.
In this case, you are recommended to set the Auto Data Recovery and enter the transactions.
What are the Limitations of QuickBooks File Doctor?
QB File Doctor is a fixing tool. So, we cannot expect that it will be free of limitations. We have described all the limitations that you may face while accessing the File Doctor Tool as follows:
- You must have an internet connection for uploading and repairing the damaged files.
- The company file that you want to repair should be less than 2 GB.
- If you have installed multiple versions of QB in your PC, then file doctor tool may not work properly.
- If your system is not from the UK and US then you will be unable to use the file doctor.
- This tool will help you only in case when you are unable to run the company file. The file doctor cannot help you when you have lost your data.
- Your software requires to be on hosting mode. So, you can easily access the network diagnosis.
Note: Once you are done with the repairing process, don’t forget to back up your company file and store the company data file.
Apparently, we suppose that the above article provided you all the necessary information regarding QuickBooks File Doctor. In case, you have any issues regarding the same then, you don’t need to worry at all. We are here to help you.In case, your issue has still not been resolved by QuickBooks File Doctor, or if you have any queries related to any step mentioned above, you can directly speak to a ProAdvisor at our toll-free QuickBooks Error Tech Support 1.888.502.0363.
Created on Oct 29th 2019 07:44. Viewed 670 times.