Premium Quality Point-of-care Analyzers for Rapid and Accurate Results and Diagnosisby Jeremy Linder Lab Equipment Supplier
The article discusses the top models of point-of-care analyzers that provide rapid results and accurate measurements comparable with conventional laboratory analyzers.
Point-of-care testing (POCT) or bedside testing plays a crucial role in critical care treatment. POCT refers to “testing at or near the site of patient care” whenever medical care is needed. Ideal for use in physician’s offices, hospitals, ambulances and in patients’ homes, point-of-care analyzers (POC) and systems provide quick feedback for many types of medical tests. These rapid diagnostic devices are used to test glucose and cholesterol levels, perform electrolyte and enzyme analysis, test for drugs of abuse, tests for infectious diseases, and for pregnancy testing.
The advantages of POC analyzers are -
* Fast results
* Short therapeutic turnaround time
* Faster implementation of appropriate treatment
* Reduced pre-analytic and post-analytic errors
* Effective management of multiple chronic conditions
Top Models of Point-of-care Analyzers
* Diazyme Smart 700/340 – This multi-parameter compact instrument with a constantly expanding range of applications offers a reliable testing platform with a unique assay display. Parameters include diabetes monitoring (HbA1c), inflammatory marker (hsCRP), renal function (Cystatin C) and cardiac marker (Homocysteine). The analyzer comes with touch screen and bar code reader and performs automated integrity checks with each test. Other features include - RFID card, quick data entry with icons and simple data transfer to a printer or host. In addition to indicating the remaining number of tests, the analyzer permits updates of the testing procedures without changing the instrument’s software.
* Siemens DCA Vantage – This analyzer is ideal to monitor glycemic control and detect early kidney disease in various environments such as the physician office and point-of-care coordinated sites in hospitals and multisite practices. DCA Vantage from Siemens monitors glucose levels with great accuracy. The analyzer detects HbA1c level from a small (1 µL) whole blood sample in 6 minutes and A:C Ratio from a urine specimen in 7 minutes. It comes with a local storage capacity of up to 4,000 onboard records. The laboratory equipment uploads results to a PC via a USB flash drive to reduce manual logging, thereby saving time.
* Alere HemoPoint® H2 Meter - This point-of-care analyzer can provide accurate results for hemoglobin and hematocrit level within 10 seconds using a single drop of blood. Featuring a 4000 test result memory, the analyzer utilizes microcuvette technology to minimize the contamination of blood in the meter. The touch screen option displays the current time and battery status, and has a new battery backlight feature improving readability throughout the self-prompting test procedure.
* Alere Epoc Point of Care Blood Analysis System (with HH00090000 Epoc Host Motorola) – The Epoc® blood analysis system from Alere comprises the epoc® BGEM Test Card, epoc® Reader and epoc® Host2 Mobile Computer. This is the only wireless bedside testing solution that utilizes “Smartcard” technology. It provides patient lab results directly to a PDA and to the EMR, allowing the clinician to stay at the patient’s side. Other important features include –
* Tests with 92 µL fresh whole blood
* Operator/Patient/QC lockouts
* Integrated 1-D (2-D ready) barcode scanner
* Fully portable, AC/rechargeable battery
* Delivers accurate bedside results in 3 minutes
* Automated monitoring of testing processes
* Accurate test results in about 30 seconds
Choose a Reliable Laboratory Equipment Supplier
All of these point-of-care analyzers are available in leading online lab equipment stores. Purchase from an established dealer will ensure excellent customer service, competitive pricing, and superior post purchase support for maintenance.
Created on Apr 28th 2018 03:06. Viewed 129 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.