Point-of-care Analyzers for Fast and Efficient Point-of-care Testingby Jeremy Linder Lab Equipment Supplier
Point-of-care (POC) analyzers are diagnostic devices that can be used near or at the site of patients for a relatively fast diagnosis.
Point-of-care testing (POCT) plays a predominant role in critical care medicine. POCT refers to testing at or near the site of patient care whenever medical care is required. Widely used in physicians’ offices, hospitals, clinical laboratories and patient homes, point-of-care (POC) analyzers perform testing at or near the site of patient care and provide rapid results, which allows the physician to take quicker clinical decisions. These laboratory devices are used for routine diagnostic applications like analysis of blood for measuring lipid profile, glucose, cholesterol levels, ALT, TC/HDL, TC, AST, TC-HDL-GLU, hs-CRP values, perform electrolyte and enzyme analysis, test for drugs of abuse and for infectious diseases, and for pregnancy testing. Popular laboratory equipment suppliers offer both new and refurbished point-of-care analyzers from top manufacturers that offer quick results, short therapeutic turnaround time and reduced pre-analytic and post-analytic errors.
Point-of-care Analyzers --Top Models
* Siemens DCA Vantage - Widely used in diverse settings ranging from physicians’ offices to remote, point-of-care coordinated sites in hospitals and multisite practices, the DCA Vantage® Analyzer helps monitor glycemic control and detect early kidney disease. The device measures different combinations of albumin, creatinine, and Albumin-to-Creatinine (A: C) ratio from a urine specimen in just 7 minutes. An onboard GFR calculator indexes kidney function. The laboratory analyzer features a storage capacity of up to 4,000 onboard records with powerful sorting capabilities. In addition, a bar-code scanner in this device allows for safer and faster patient/operator ID entry.
* Stanbio HemoPoint® H2 - HemoPoint® H2, DMS system from Stanbio can quickly and automatically access, manage and even analyze the hemoglobin test results gathered. This laboratory equipment can store in memory 4,000 patient results and 500 QC results. It also features quality control reminders at user-defined intervals and STAT-measurement capability (ready at any time).
* Triage MeterPro 55070 - Ideal for use in the laboratory, hospitals or physician offices, the Alere Triage® MeterPro comes with a comprehensive test menu that includes cardiovascular, renal, toxicology, and women's health assays. The lab analyzer is quite easy to use (20 immunoassay on 1 platform) and delivers rapid test results in about 15-20 minutes.
* Abaxis Piccolo Xpress - This fully automated clinical chemistry system allows healthcare practitioners to perform routine multi-chemistry panels using 0.1cc of whole blood, serum or plasma. The lab device uses patented single-use reagent discs which contain up to 14 chemistry tests. In just three simple steps, the Piccolo Xpress delivers results in 12 minutes. It has a large memory capacity which stores up to 5000 patient records.
* Alere Epoc - One of the first wireless bedside testing solutions to use Smart Card technology, Alere Epoc point-of-care blood analysis system provides state-of-the-art lab results directly to a handheld Mobile Computer. Ideal for use by respiratory therapists and other care providers, this blood analysis system is easy to use and provides accurate results within 30 seconds. The analyzer features epoc test cards - which are single-use bar code identified units containing a biosensor array, calibration solution and fluidics. Test cards generate electrochemical assay signals and quality control signals which are read by detectors in the epoc Reader.
* Bayer DCA 2000+ - Known for its accuracy and easy procedures, Bayer DCA 2000+ produces the quantitative HbA1c value in 6 minutes. Other standard features include self-contained reagent cartridges (that means no reagent preparation, mixing, or handling), sample collection capillary holder, screen displays (which provide full testing information, instructions, and calibration status), and time-consuming calibration.
Find a Reliable Laboratory Equipment Dealer
Purchase point-of-care analyzers from a reliable online dealer in clinical laboratory equipment to ensure benefits including extensive product choices and excellent customer service. They also ensure competitive pricing, on time delivery, and excellent repair and maintenance support.
Created on Oct 6th 2018 04:35. Viewed 129 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.