Learn A Quick way to Fix QuickBooks Error H202by Ruth Mazur Accounting and Bookkeeping Proadvisor
QuickBooks is an accounting software package developed by Intuit. Its latest innovations help you to work faster, smarter and better. A common error that users often encounter while working on the application is QuickBooks Error H202. The error may occur while switching into multi-user mode. This happens when the users try to access a QuickBooks Company File placed in another computer, and the copy of QuickBooks cannot reach that server.
This article will discuss how to purge "QuickBooks Error H202 switching to multi-user mode". We highly recommend users read the complete article. In case of any doubt, feel free to contact us at our toll-free number (800) 280-5969. You can also reach our website to grasp more information about QuickBooks.
What does QuickBooks Error H202 server 2012?
QuickBooks Error H202 is associated with multi-user mode errors. The error is encountered when the user tries to open a QuickBooks company file in multi-user mode. The error code comes along with an error message that says-
"You are trying to work with a company file that is located on another computer, and this copy of QuickBooks cannot reach the server on that computer. (H202)"
Problem with multi-user hosting setup. QuickBooks could not open the file in multi-user mode. (H202)
The error may occur due to communication issue between your QuickBooks Desktop and server.
What are the possible causes of QuickBooks Error H202?
There are numerous reasons behind this error. Below mentioned are some of the most common reasons.
- Users may face the error code when hosting settings are not configured properly.
- The system firewall blocks the exchange of company data between QuickBooks and the server; then, the error can also occur.
- The error may occur when DNS settings are not properly configured.
- The error may occur when the services like QBCFMonitor or QuickBooksDBXX are not running.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager has some issues.
- The IP address of the Host is not available to QuickBooks Desktop.
- Users may encounter the error code when the .nd file is corrupted or damaged.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error H202
- The user won't be able to switch to multi-user mode.
- Error Code H202 appears on the screen repeatedly.
- Your system is getting slow.
- Once the error occurs, QuickBooks freezes or stopped working.
- You won't be able to open the company file located on another computer.
Quick Way to Rectify QuickBooks Error H202
- At first, download QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Once QuickBooks Tool Hub downloaded, go to your browser download list by pressing Ctrl+J on your keyboard simultaneously.
- Click on QuickBooksToolHub.exe and follow on-screen instructions to install it.
- Once the installation is complete, then open this tool from the desktop icon.
- Now, double click on QuickBooks Tool Hub to open.
- Select the Network Issues tab, and click QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- If QuickBooks Database Server Manager shows the correct company file location click on Start Scan, but if not, click on Browse to select the company file folder and then click Start Scan.
- After that, QuickBooks Database Server Manager will repair your firewall and provide all the efficient permission to access all workstations.
- Once the repair is done, click on the Close button.
In this article, we have discussed how to fix QuickBooks Error H202 forums. For any doubt, contact us at our toll-free number (800) 280-5969.
Created on Mar 8th 2021 17:16. Viewed 74 times.