Know the PET Bottlesby Ricky Martin Marketing Consultant The commonly used PET bottles are part of our daily lives and are widely used for different purposes in the plastic products industry, pharmaceuticals, and beverages and in more such sectors. PET is the abbreviation for Polyethylene Terephthalate, the substance that is used in manufacturing such bottles. It is available in different varieties that make it worth of using for different shapes that becomes usable for different purposes. It is also available in the variety of reusable and recyclable, making the containers environment friendly.
What is PET?
Polyethylene Terephthalate or PET is a type of thermoplastic polymer resin which is formed through the process of modifying ethylene glycol when it is fused or combine with purified dimethyl terephthalate acid. This material is found to be suitable to be used in manufacturing of soft drink bottles, carbonated
Designing of PET bottles
PET bottles go through different manufacturing process and quality check levels by pharma pet bottle manufacturer. The process of designing PET bottles includes blow-molding technique. Often, there are two commonly used techniques of blow molding, which includes injection stretch blow molding and extrusion stretch blow molding processes. If we compare both the processes then we can conclude that injection stretch blow molding technique lends ease to manage, to maintain control and has less number of defects and waste, and allow the process to be completed with better efficiency.
Ideal PET Bottle-Qualities & Advantages
Amidst many dilemmas of using PET bottles and some ambiguities, we present here certain advantages of using PET bottles that make it worth of its use.
- • Chemical Resistance: It is crucial for plastic pet bottles manufacturers to produce PET container or bottle, which has exclusive chemical resistance so that it does not make the food or drink content unhealthy for the person. A flawed plastic bottle can make the food content unhealthy if it does not have chemical resistance.
- • Impact Resistance: Containers and bottles that we use regularly at home, workplace or during travel are exposed to different impacts. It includes impact of falling, impact of heavy object, impact of pressure and more; the good quality PET bottle should have suitable impact resistance property.
- • Light Weight: The bottle should be light in weight and should be designed and manufactured in such a way that it is easy in handling, to carry and to take anywhere.
- • Reusable/Recyclable: The ideal PET bottle should be reusable and recyclable, and hence should not become burden on environment.
- • Medium Rigidity: It should not be too rigid and too flexible, which will imbalance its property.
We’ve completed this post on the basics of PET Bottles. To know more about topics such as plastic pet bottles manufacturers, pharma pet bottle manufacturer etc. keep reading our upcoming articles.
Created on Oct 30th 2017 01:17. Viewed 775 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.