Keep Vehicle Air Conditioning Perfect with These Tips and Pointsby Paula Melio Browns Automotive is a family owned and operated b
A car is a costly commodity and therefore, car owners have to stay especially concerned and give it the due maintenance and look after. Several parts of any vehicle can break down prematurely in the absence of proper care and maintenance and one of them is vehicle air conditioning. This happens to be one of the most important comfort related accessory or component and without it; there are no chances of getting the much-needed comfort during long journey. This part can be kept in a perfect condition with the help of some useful maintenance related knowledge and some excerpts of this knowledge are discussed in this post.
The obvious faults associated with vehicle Air Conditioning systems breaking down are –
- Drive belt tension
- Blocked air flow through the Condenser and Radiator
- Visible signs of Refrigerant oil stain on compressor, hoses, pipes or fittings.
- Loose or faulty compressor mounting brackets
- Service port caps missing
Useful Tips for Maintenance
Run it daily
- By running the AC system on a daily basis, you can help it maintain its pressure.
- Experts of car service Parramatta say that this will prevent the hardening of the hoses and compressor seal’s failure.
- For this, all you have to do is to turn the AC "on" for five minutes daily on the highest possible settings as this will complete remove the accumulated moisture present in the hoses and pipe.
- Then, running it for 5 to 10 minutes in defrost mode will prevent mildew and dirty, wet cloth odour in the system.
- In this regard, one thing to keep in mind is that the primary function of vehicle air conditioning is not only cooling your vehicle, but also removing cabin humidity.
- Therefore, it is not a bad practice at all to use your air conditioner in winter to keep your windscreen free of fog and clear your visibility.
Go for regular car service Parramatta
- One more step is that car service Parramatta should not be skipped at all and at that time, vehicle air conditioning system should be checked thoroughly.
- Upon discovering any faults, you should not hesitate from for getting car air con repairs Parramatta.
Items that need to be checked include:
- Static & operating pressure checking
- In-car delivery temperature measurement
- Visual inspection of the compressor drive belt for cracks or damage
- Checking the operation of the compressor, condenser, pipes and hoses
- Visual inspection of accessible components for leaks or damage with an electronic leak detector
- Vacuum testing of the system
- Cleaning condenser fins
- Checking for bad smells, odour in the vehicle
- Recovering refrigerant from the system
- Re-Gas Service Procedures
- Replacing Schrader valves
- Replacing receiver drier filter
- Adding required amount of refrigerant compressor oil
- Adding UV dye for leak detection
- Evacuating system for 20 mins to remove moisture
- Charging system with recommended refrigerant type and capacity
- Performing leak detection procedure
- Performing test of A/C system
- Recording pressure readings and temperature readings
- Protecting the Environment
Created on Mar 23rd 2018 04:38. Viewed 322 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.