Interesting Facts about Indian Railwaysby Kabir Singh Digital Manager Serving millions of passengers every day, Indian Railways is one of the largest railway networks in the world. But how much do you know about it? Do you know when did the first train run in India? Or who is the mascot for IR? Therefore, I have decided to put down some incredible and must-read facts about our railways that every traveller would like to know about.
- The first train in India ran on 16th April 1853 from Bombay to Thane which ran over a stretch of 21 miles.
- The first Rajdhani train ran at a speed of a maximum of 120 km/h from Delhi to Howrah.
- Rajdhani was the first train in India that was fully air-conditioned.
- Guinness Book of World Records holder, Fairy Queen, was constructed in Leeds, England.
- The Maharaja Express is the most expensive luxury train in India.
- Indian Railways runs around 11,000 trains every day, of which 7,500 are passenger trains.
- The mascot of Indian Railways is a guard elephant called Bholu.
- Toilets on trains were first introduced in 1891 (1st Class) & 1907 (lower classes).
Thanks for reading, hope you all find it Interesting and amazing. For more information visit Indian Railway Train Enquiry.
Created on Dec 7th 2021 18:52. Viewed 116 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.