Installing Engineered Wood Flooring in Commercial Spaces - Benefitsby Prospec LLC Solutions Provider
Are you planning to replace the flooring of your New York building? Are stubborn stains on the floor or scratches from furniture or pets a major concern?
Flooring is an important part of your building. The type of floor you choose for your building need to be aesthetically appealing,durable and match the interiors of the building. Wood flooring is becoming a common choice among builders in luxury commercial projects. The natural shine of wood and the vibrant colors of natural wood allure most people. Engineered wood flooring is popularly used in commercial projects these days. If you are planning engineered wood flooring installation for your building in New York, then choose a reliable tile distributor. When compared to solid hardwood flooring, engineered wood flooring has more dimensional strength and may be less costly. It can be a great investment as it adds a natural, timeless appeal to your property along with warmth and luxury.
So, what exactly is Engineered Wood? Engineered wood is manufactured with three to five layers of plywood. Each layer is first stacked in a cross-grain configuration and then bonded together under heat and pressure. Then the entire block is topped off with a solid wood veneer or top layer. The veneer could be made of almost any type of solid wood. This is the layer that is visible when the floor is installed.
Engineered wood flooring is constructed in such a way that it provides better stability and resistance to variations in temperature and moisture. The striking part is that it looks similar to solid wood flooring as the top layer is real, solid wood but it then has a plywood base construction underneath. The top layer of hardwood runs perpendicular to the plywood base, which creates the strength and stability of the flooring by allowing it to react to changes in temperature and humidity. Therefore, these floors can be used with under floor heating and in spaces that significantly change in temperature.
Here is a quick look at the benefits of Engineered Wood Flooring -
- Durable–Engineered wood flooring is proven to be more stable and versatile due to the multiple layers of fiberboard bonded together that makes up its interior. As wood is a natural product it can be affected by humidity and temperature, naturally expanding and contracting throughout the year.The construction of engineered wood makes it less reactive to these changes, vastly reducing these fluctuations – making it structurally solid and much less likely to damage or warp.
- Economical – This type of flooring often costs less than solid wood and parquet flooring while maintaining the same quality in look and feel. In addition, production cost is also less, yet the boards are more stable due to the manufacturing process. Once installed, it is difficult to distinguish it from solid flooring.
- Versatility – Engineered wood being very stable is available in endless finishing options, colors, lengths and widths. Lengths as long as 84” with widths up to 12” allow for unique looks when installing these floors throughout the entire building. It can be sanded down and re-finished several times over just like solid wood. It is also compatible with under floor heating.
- Maintainable – Engineered wood flooring is quite easy to clean and maintain. The floor can be easily re-finished to give a brand new look.
- Ease of installation – Engineered wood floors are mostly found with a click fitting system, making it quick and easy to install. These wood floors can be glued, nailed or stapled. They can also be installed as “floating floors” meaning they interlock with one another to create a floor that essentially floats above the subfloor. Since they can float, most engineered floors can be installed on a concrete slab subfloor.
- Timelessness – Engineered wood flooring generally improves its grace with age. These floors can also last for a lifetime, making it a more durable option. In case of any small damages, wooden flooring can be repaired easily without incurring much cost.
- Guest Post Service
Permanent Link | Do-Follow Backlinks | Costs as low as $0.5
- Ad Space Available - Rent it Now!
Created on Mar 31st 2020 04:40. Viewed 375 times.