Importance of games and sports in schoolsby Vagishwariworld School Play School
Games and sports are an integral part of a student’s life. A student should study hard to be successful in competitive examinations. But, he should also play games and sports to enjoy the health and vigor of life. Along with bookish learning, a student should spend his time on games and sports. Many people give importance only to bookish knowledge. Indeed, there is often no provision for games at all. The importance of sports and games in school encompasses more than just the benefit of physical activity. Increases in self-esteem and mental alertness make school sports and games necessary for every school age child. Although the benefits of school sports abound, with a diminishing economy, many schools are cutting out sports and physical education programs to the detriment of students nationwide.
• It is imperative for school age children to have access to sports and games. Not only does it empower youth and promote higher self-esteem, but it also motivates students, enables them to earn better grades, especially in schools where obtaining certain grades is a pre-requisite to staying on the team.
• When children participate in school sports, it provides a sense of belonging and being part of a group, enabling to work in a team environment.
• It helps the students to interact with peers in a social and friendly manner. It also helps to learn to consider the interests of teammates and to practice mutual respect and gain their cooperation. Work together, share time, emotional space and other resources help to understand each other.
• It helps to take turns to play and learn to cope with success and failure as a group and a team. These interactions can significantly facilitate bonding and lasting friendships with schoolmates, which can help make children more sociable in the future career.
• Kids are too stressed in school, and games can help relieve it all.
• Playing and excelling in sports teaches kids the importance of hard work, perseverance, learning from failure, and the importance of grasping opportunities.
• The benefits of playing sports are multiple, and it leads to balanced mental and physical growth. It teaches the children life skills like teamwork, leadership, patience. It inculcates discipline and playing within the rules. Builds sportsmanship, which is to play within the spirits of the game and to deal with both winning and losing with grace. All of these experiences and habits are also useful in adult life.
Vagishwari World School is one of the top Play schools in Uttam Nagar Delhi, which provide top quality all-round education to all the students. Vagishwari World School aims to provide quality education and to promote the creative side of children. Our focus is to provide an engaging environment to students where they can learn together to enhance their talent. Our curriculum is such where the school not only focuses on the kid’s academic growth but the personal growth also. It is also the best primary school in Uttam Nagar West.
Created on Nov 26th 2018 00:58. Viewed 411 times.