How to Use Widgets on iPadOS 13
by john smith manager
We have been seeing widgets on Apple products since iOS 8, but in iPadOS 13, the widgets have become even more useful and feature-packed. In this new update, you will see a new home screen layout which includes widgets in the left section of your device’s screen. It provides you even more information at one time, along with it, you can pin specific widgets to be there at all times. Today we will be going to explore the topic of how to organize widgets on your new iPadOS 13.
How to Add Favorite Widgets on iPadOS 13?
Widgets provide you easy access to important information at the home screen of your device. They are convenient and make your tasks much more manageable. Here are the instructions for adding widgets on your iPadOS 13:
- On the home screen of your iPad, swipe your finger in the right direction.
- You can also pull the notifications bar and then swipe right to make widgets.
- Now tap the edit button on your device. You may also scroll down if you have some widgets already installed.
- Click the + button(green color) on the widgets that you want to bring to the screen.
- If you want to remove a widget, then you can press the red minus button to remove them.
- Now, tap on the Done button to save your selection.
There you go, you have made it, but we are not entirely done here. Let’s move to the next tutorial because your widgets still have not appeared at the home screen.
How to Place Widgets on the Home Screen on iPadOS 13
iPadOS 13 can save your widgets on the home screen of your device. This feature can help you to access them with ease without having to swipe. To enable this feature, follow the instructions given below:
- At the home screen of your device, swipe right to see your widgets.
- Scroll down to the end of your widget list, and then you will see the ‘edit’ button.
- Press the ‘edit’ button.
- Under the ‘Keep the Home Screen’ option, push the switch to turn it on. (The switch will appear green when you turn it on).
- Now you can tap Done to save your changes.
After that, your Today view will be shown on the first page of your Home Screen.
How to Pin Your Favorite Widgets on the Home Screen of Your iPadOS 13?
Besides placing your widgets to the home screen, you can also pin some of the favorite widgets to the home screen of your iPad OS 13. After doing this, your widgets will stay at the home screen of your device. (If you don’t do this, then your home screen will only show you the time and date).
- Go to the home screen of you new iPadOS 13 and then swipe your finger in the right direction. It will bring the widgets view on the device.
- Scroll down to the end of the list.
- Press the edit button.
- Drag and drop the widgets on the ‘Pinned Favorites’ section.
- Now you can save your preferences by tapping the save button.
Your pinned widget will always be available at your home screen for easy access. Now enjoy your favorite widgets at your home screen and no need to swipe your finger on the screen.
Peter Rose is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
source: iPadOS 13
Created on Aug 1st 2019 10:04. Viewed 211 times.