How to Use Family Link App to Control Kid’s Screen Time on Androidby Hayate Abul Digital Marketing
Kids are curious about using smart devices and attract towards smart gadgets very quickly
Such as a smartphone or laptop. Sometimes we allow them to use the screen time of the particular device, but excess usage of anything is harmful so, we should not let them play a game or anything longer. It affects two different things:
You can take control of all the activity of android’s screen time by your Child through Google family Link. It helps you track what they have accessed during the whole screen time usage. Family Link provides parental control over screen time usage of your device and informs you about the same.
Possible Effects of Using Screen Time
If you have Child not greater than 13 years old, then you have to keep an eye on your child’s behavior and the contents that they are watching accessing on your android device. If you leave them playing all day long, then it will be more harmful than you think. The blue rays of your device directly affect their lovely and innocent eyes. Also, excess screen time tends them towards bad habits and thus generates gadget addiction.
Sometimes children above 13 deactivate the Family Link features, and this might get you in trouble about tracking their actions and activities. You need not worry if this happens as you will get the alerts related to the disability of this feature.
You can check and control screen time through such activity tracking apps like Family Link.
Pursue these guidelines to know how to tackle this situation and use the Family Link app:
Using Google Family Link on Android Devices
- It’s free to use Android application, and you can run on any platform i.e., tablet or phone running on Android 7.0 or above. If you wish to check your device android edition, then follow these guidelines:
- Go to the Settings app and launch it.
- After that, go to the lowermost section of the listing and the hit the About Phone option there. Some tech enthusiasts clarified that it sometimes works on Android edition running with Android 5.0 and 6.0, but it may flash error, or you have only limited accesses. The Sign In section must need Android edition 7.0 or above for smooth functioning.
- In case you have the device running on Android 10, then you will get this Family Link application as a built-in feature. In this case, you don’t need any third-party application there.
- Parents should get into the device browser and create a Family Link related account on android edition 5.0 or above. This functionality also runs comfortably on iPhone running with edition 9 or above.
Getting Family Link Setup
First of all, you have to ensure and understand all the information related to Google Account. Check that your child already holds any Google account. If Not, then you have to create your account with the Family app.
Note: Both the devices should be placed nearby each other.
You have to get started with the Family Link with setting up your Google Account. In case you are running Android version 10, then follow these steps to create a Google account on Family Link application:
- At the start, you have to launch the Settings app and then navigate to the Google option there.
- After that, hit the section “Parental Controls.”
- Now, press the Get Started button there.
- After that, click on the option Parent and then follow the on-screen indications.
- Go to your child’s gadget, and you have to open the Family link by navigating the Settings app on your Android ten running device. Alternatively, you can install the Family Link application by navigating the Play Store and hit on it to launch.
- Now, you have to choose the child’s device option and select the account related to your child.
- Next, follow all the on-display instructions for smooth set up of Family Link account.
- After that, you will be prompted to the login page of Google Account, and you have to sync your account to your child’s account to attain parental controls. Now, you can set up various account controls to rein the device that your child is using.
- The initial setup process needs a few minutes, and if it is done, then you can remotely modify settings and various account restrictions related to the particular device.
Mathew Anderson is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for directory Websites at True Antivirus
source : Family Link App
Created on Jun 1st 2020 03:34. Viewed 232 times.