How to Use and Customize the Google Assistant on Xbox One
by karen minton I am a software engineer
Microsoft has introduced the Google Assistant on Xbox One for the users. You can give commands to play, pause, or open apps and games to Google assistant or enabled home devices.
It is also effortless to set up the Xbox One with Google Assistant. If you are excited to use it and want to Customize Google Assistant on Xbox One, then you are on the right post. Read through the blog and follow the instructions.
How to Customize the Google Assistant on Xbox One
If you want to customize the Google Assistant, then you can follow the provided steps:
- Sign in to Xbox One.
- Go to the Google Home app on the device.
- Click on +.
- Pressing the + option will add the device to the Google family.
- Select Set up the device on the top below the Add to home option.
- Click on Have something already set up option under Works with Google.
- Locate Xbox in the services list.
- Sign in the Microsoft account. It should be the same account that is connected to the Xbox One.
- Choose the consoles you like to control.
- Google will display all the consoles connected to the Microsoft account.
- Select the room you want to shift them to. Google Assistant will know what devices in your home, and this helps the user in keeping track of each Xbox.
- Choose Done.
- After completing the procedure, the users can use the benefits as all the consoles are added.
How to Use the Google Assistant on Xbox One
If you want to use the Google Assistant on Xbox One, then abide by the given steps:
Google Assistant will turn the console on and off automatically, and the user can give commands to start the console with commands like Hey Google turn on Xbox or Hey Google reboot Xbox.
Opening Games and Apps
The users can open the games or apps by using the voice command like Hey Google, open Gears 5, or Hey Google, open Netflix. You can also change TV channels by giving commands.
When opening Apps and Games, users can control the volume of the show by giving commands like Hey Google turn up or mute the sound of Xbox or Hey Google turn down the volume on Xbox.
The users can also control the media in the middle of their App by giving commands like Hey Google, pause the app, or Hey Google, next.
This is one of the coolest things Google assistant can do. The users can command the Google assistant to record clips or to take screenshots by giving commands like Hey Google, capture the screenshot on Xbox, and Hey Google, record on Xbox.
Microsoft and Google will add more features and commands in the future, but for now, these are decent features for everyone to use Google assistant daily.
Source :- http://ennorton.uk/how-to-use-and-customize-the-google-assistant-on-xbox-one/
Kellie Minton is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
Created on Nov 25th 2019 23:11. Viewed 218 times.