How to Update Garmin Nuvi Maps?by Lura Smith Only for askhelpme
Garmin Nuvi is a GPS device that is basically used for navigates your routes and tracks the desired locations. With the help of Garmin Express, you can easily install the Garmin Nuvi Updates on your system. Before using this, you have to register your Garmin device with the Garmin and create your My Garmin account.
Steps to Download and Install Garmin Nuvi Update by using Open Street Map
This installation process follows some instructions that are the following:
· Firstly, you have to download the Map image from the Open Street Maps and then click on its complete link option.
· Verify that the file name should be “gmapsupp.img”. If it is not, then modify its name. You can download a single custom file at a time on most of the devices.
· Wait until the download process is completed and then plug your Garmin device to your computer system via using the USB cable.
· Furthermore, place your Garmin Nuvi device into the USB Mass Storage mode that allows you to copy your files from GPS as well as to GPS.
· To do so, open the Menu of the Garmin Nuvi and then choose the Setup option.
· Now, you have to select the Interface and then select the option USB or USB Mass Storage from the list.
· After this, open the File Explorer and select the device name.
· Now, launch the Garmin or Map folder. After that copy the downloaded file and paste it into this folder.
· You have to wait till the file is copied into the destination folder and then disconnect your device from the computer.
· Restart your device to save the changes that you have made
· After rebooting, you have to select the New Map from the Settings.
· Open the Tools option and then choose the Settings option from the dashboard.Finally, select the Map Info under the Map option and choose the New Installed Map. It installs the Garmin Nuvi Updates on your Garmin device.
Created on Jul 31st 2019 04:26. Viewed 683 times.