How To Uninstall McAfee Endpoint Securityby Harry Williams Manager
McAfee Endpoint Security offers amazing and advanced protections. However, it may start conflicting with other apps, and you may want to remove it. McAfee Endpoint Security cannot be removed with a single click. Hence, for uninstalling McAfee Endpoint Security, you need to go through the given below tricks carefully and need to follow the same step by step.
Ensure to close McAfee Endpoint Security before uninstalling it
- As soon as ‘McAfee Endpoint Security’ is installed, it shall by itself get started on Mac. It might get a bit difficult to quit it.
- Then, select Quit McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac device.
Note: McAfee Endpoint Security might have few background processes working.
After that, for completely shutting down this application, you need to start Activity Monitor using Spotlight, highlight it, and press X. It shall be towards the upper right-hand side corner and select the Quit option.
- Few people complain that ‘McAfee Endpoint Security’ does not get removed by this method as well. So you need to reboot the device into Safe Mode. It will stop ‘McAfee Endpoint Security’ from getting started by itself.
- Next, you should go for standard Uninstall.
Steps for uninstalling McAfee Endpoint Security in Finder
- Firstly, go to the Finder.
- Then, you need to launch Applications folder. It shall be located to the sidebar or else in the Go menu.
- After that, right-click the ‘McAfee Endpoint Security’ option.
- Next, press Move to Trash.
- After that, whenever asked, put the admin password. Press on OK for allowing the removal.
- Then, do a right-click on the symbol of Trash, press on Empty Trash. Click on Empty Trash one more time.
Note: This way is perfect for uninstalling every third-party application on your device of Mac.
Use a tool for removing McAfee Endpoint Security
- Firstly, you need to get the uninstall tool.
- Then, start the OSx Uninstaller.
- Next, go through the on-screen instructions for completing the registration.
- After that, choose McAfee Endpoint Security, then press Run Analysis switch for beginning scanning.
- Then, press Complete Uninstaller switch and select ‘Yes’ for giving the confirmation.
Ensure you remove all the McAfee Endpoint Security data
- Firstly, go to the Finder window.
- Then, click Go and select Go to Folder.
- After that, click on the Library in the bar that gets displayed.
- Next, press the Enter button.
- Go to search and enter ‘McAfee’.
- Next, clickLibrary. It shall be beneaththe Search bar.
- Then, Control-click on the files as well as folders carrying the name of McAfee.
- Next, put it to the Trash.
- Lastly, find and remove related items in the Library folder.
John Watson is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Created on Sep 20th 2019 07:31. Viewed 282 times.