How to Tweak Email Viewing Settings on Yahoo Mail
by karen minton I am a software engineer
You can customize how you want to view the emails in your Yahoo Mail inbox. There are several ways in which you can modify the look and appearance of the inbox. It will make your inbox better, attractive, and more personalized. Continue with these simple steps to know more:
Customizing the Email Settings from the Settings Menu
- Launch your web browser and type yahoo.com in the search bar at the top of your browser. It lets you enter the Home window of Yahoo.
- Now navigate to the “Mail” tab located at the upper-left portion of your screen inside the purple-coloured bar.
- Then hit the “Mail” tab to open the sign-in window of your account.
- Hit the mail text box. Then type your email address. Now tap the password box to enter your secure password. After providing all the necessary login details, tap the “Sign In” button to proceed.
- After logging into your account, tap the gear-shaped settings icon located inside the menu bar which is present on your mail window.
Managing Email Settings
1. Look for the default menu icon to see your email settings. You need not go to other tabs in order to modify these commands.
- Here you may be able to see two checkboxes to enable conversations or to show snippets. In case you have marked on the first one that reads “Enable Conversations”, it means that the message will be enabled.
- The second one says that you will be able to view a snippet of the messages before tapping on any of it.
- You may manage any checkboxes by marking them.
2. Then go to multitasking settings. Here you will see two radio buttons that read as “Tab”, and the other one is “Recent”.
- In case you select the “Tab” radio-button, you will be able to view all of your emails.
- In another case, if you hit the “Recent” button, you will be able to view all of your recently opened emails with the help of a pull-down menu tab.
3. The next option is “Preview Pane” to manage the preview location in the form of a pull-drop list. Usually, it always set to “None”. By clicking on this menu button, you may choose from the given three options- “None”, “preview pane on the bottom” and the last one is “Preview Pane on the right”. You may select one of these choices from the list.
4. The next is “Message List Density” option. It fixes your email density like spacing and appearance of your message. It will also provide you with three main options which read:
You may select any of these from the pull-down list available there.
5. Now go to the “Mark as read” settings. It will show you four options to determine the time span of marking your emails as:
- In 2 seconds
- In 5 seconds
- And the last one is: Never.
You may select any of these options from the pull-drop list.
6. Now tap the moving message option from the pull-down list. It also has two options:
- Show the next email
- Go back to the original folder
Choose any of these options provided under the pull-drop menu.
7. Then hit any of the radio buttons to select your email version. You will be provided two options. The first one is “Full- Featured”. It will provide you with full control over various features and functions of Yahoo mail. The next one is “Basic” which will give you only normal functions and features which can be accessed under slow internet connectivity.
8. Finally, click on the blue coloured “Save” button to save all your settings after ensuring that you have customized your email settings correctly. The save tab is located at the lower-left portion of your customizing page.
Source :- http://norton-en-setup.uk.com/how-to-tweak-email-viewing-settings-on-yahoo-mail/
Daisy Martin is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at norton.com/setup and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.
Created on Nov 1st 2019 02:02. Viewed 253 times.