HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ERROR CODE 0X800705B4?by Alexa Thomson I am an accountancy expert who has worked with
The error code 0x800705b4 is the Windows 10 update error. This error initially occurred in 2015 just after the release of the Windows Anniversary Update. Usually, the error occurs on the screen when users try installing the Windows update or making any of the Windows Defender updates. However, it is not a common error and not have any specific solution for fixing them. Therefore, the error message shows on the screen signifies that the updates which are available on the screen have successfully been downloaded, but unable to install on the system as of the system distraction.
Well, there are various other reasons behind the occurrence of this Windows 10 Update error code 0x800705b4. As we already discussed above that the issue occurred while users are installing the latest Windows update, most of the users who are experiencing this issues said that this issue is related to the Office 2010 or 2013 updates which might haven’t been installed on the system or some other. However, troubleshoot this issue is essential for users. Below is some solution which helps users in resolving the Windows 10 update error code 0x800705b4. The instructions are illustrated below.
Steps to Troubleshoot Windows 10 Update Error 0x800705b4
Before start following the below mentioned steps, we recommend you to perform a full system scan with any of the reliable antivirus security software as sometimes the reason behind the Windows 10 update error code 0x800705b4 is virus or malware may infect your computer system. Underneath are a few solutions which surely help you in fixing error code. But try following the instructions in the correct series as discussed below in order to avert any changes and save lots of time. Here how to do it:
Solution-1: Alter Update & Security Settings
- Firstly, go to the ‘Start’ menu icon and click on it to launch it.
- Under the ‘Start’ menu, click on the ‘Settings’ option.
- In the ‘Settings’ tab, choose ‘Update & Security’ option.
- Click on the ‘Advanced Options’ tab.
- After that, search for ‘Give me Updates of other Microsoft Products when I update windows.
- Once found, uncheck that box.
- Next, verify the latest updates and Run it once available.
- Once updates installed successfully, again repeat the above mentioned two steps and skip the steps in which you need to mark the ‘Give me updates of other Microsoft products when I update Windows option.
Solution-2: Reboot the Windows Update Services
- Press the Windows + R keys all together to open the run dialogue box.
- Then, enter the following command: ‘Service.msc’ and tap on the ‘Enter’ key.
- Now, search for the ‘Windows Defender’ service.
- If the Windows Defender status is not displayed then right-press on it and choose the ‘Start’ tab.
- Probably, it might be that sometimes force launch of Windows Defender ends up with an error.
- Search for ‘Startup Type’ option and select ‘Automatic’ mode to set it into automatic mode.
- Lastly, reboot the system to save all the changes.
- Once restarted, try to run all the latest updates you have recently updated.
Created on Mar 26th 2019 03:05. Viewed 325 times.