How to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error Code 1706?by Devin Smith Technical Support Expert
QuickBooks POS error 1706 is basically a point of sale error. This error usually occurs when the user tries an installation from a removable media, like the CD or DVD. When there is any issue with the installation of QB point of sale, the user might get QuickBooks error code 1706. This error is usually seen when the user tries to start the point of sale installer. This error message appears on the screen stating that a valid source was not found while trying to open POS. In case you are also facing the error code 1706, then make sure that you read this post carefully till the end.
“A valid authorization not found. Now when you know how to identify this error, let’s learn about the reasons and solutions of this error.”
Or you contact our QuickBooks pro support team at 1-844-405-0906, and discuss your query with our QuickBooks professionals and team of experts. They will fix the issue on your behalf without any further hassle.
Causes of the QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 1706
The source like the CD, DVD or InstallShield from which QB point of sale has been installed is damaged or corrupted, so important POS components could not be installed
· Or if the Microsoft .NET framework 1.1 that is installed on the PC is a beta version
· Microsoft .Net framework version installed on the system is not compatible or not installed properly or is incompletely installed
· Or if there is any issue with the configuration of the Microsoft .NET framework
· Windows files needed by QuickBooks pos are either damaged or missing
· Over fragmented files
· There are errors related to POS in the windows registry
Steps to fix the Troubleshoot QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 1706
The user can use the system file checker tool, in order to fix the issue. The steps to be followed are:
· The very first step is to click on start tab in the left of the screen
· And then, type command prompt
· In the search results, the user needs to right click on command prompt
· After that select run as admin option
· In case, the system is using Microsoft windows 10, 8.1, 8 operating system, then the user needs to run the DISM tool before running the system file checker tool
· Now, type SFC/scannow in the command prompt window
· And also, press enter key on the keyboard
· The system file checker tool will scan and repair corrupted system files
· And then command prompt window should not be closed until the verification process is fully completed
· The user will then have to check if the error is resolved or not
This drives us to the conclusion of this post, where we expect that the above stated steps would be enough in fixing the QuickBooks POS error 1706. However, in case the error continues to trouble you, then feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks premier technical support team at 1-844-405-0906.
Our experts and certified accounting professionals will ensure to provide the best possible support services.
Created on Sep 16th 2020 04:03. Viewed 62 times.