How To Throw A Movie Party On Skype With Up To 10 Friendsby karen minton I am a software engineer
Just because you and your childhood buddies have relocated to different corners of the world does not mean that you cannot have movie nights with them. Do you own a copy of the newest edition of that sci-fi movie series you and your friends love so much? Well, you can invite all of your friends (you and nine others) and watch the movie without having to be in the same place physically. Wondering how to do that? Well, here is how you can watch movies with your friends over Skype:
Set up your Skype account
- Firstly, you will need to set up a new Skype account. First, download Skype from the internet and run it on your system. Launch Skype and furnish all the information to create an account.
- After logging into Skype, add your friends to your contacts by entering their email or Skype username in the search bar on the left pane.
- While sending invites, confirm whether every invitee has a Skype account. If they don’t, then urge them to create one.
- Now, just decide on a time. Make sure to inform all the invitees about the time.
Create a group
- If you have a MacOS device, then go to File in the menu and click on New Conversation. Select the people you wish to invite. Edit the heading of the group and make it more personal.
- If you have a Windows PC or laptop, then open Contacts and select Create New Group. Now, drag and drop the contacts you wish to add to the group. Edit the heading of the group and save it.
Share screen to watch the flick
- Firstly, at the stipulated time, open the group and click on the blue and white call button. The icon contains an outline of a receiver.
- Now, all the users in the group provided that they are logged in to their Skype accounts will get notified of your call. Allow everybody to answer the call, before proceeding to the next step.
- When everybody answers the group call, login to your Netflix account. If the internet speed isn’t very good, then insert the movie’s CD. You can either set the volume to maximum or connect the phone’s speaker to the microphone. You can also invest in headphone splitters.
- Now, click on the Call tab and select the Share Screens option. Everyone on the call will now be able to view what is being played on your computer. Minimize the Skype window and play the film.
- You can chat with your friends from a different device while watching the movie, or split the screen to watch the movie and talk with your friends at the same time.
Source url :- https://mcafee-activate.me/how-to-throw-a-movie-party-on-skype-with-up-to-10-friends/
Karen Minton is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Created on Sep 24th 2018 02:22. Viewed 1,328 times.