How to Take Notes More Efficiently For Doing Homeworkby Jordan Wilson Academic Writer
It is one thing to read something and another thing to interpret and present that information. And to make college homework that can help in getting high grades, it is a must to present the right information in the right way. To write an academic paper, a student needs to find out different sources of information. Taking notes from the different sources of information is very important to get the right data. It is because the source can have several pieces of information, but the useful data can be found only by effective notes taking. Any professional academic writer like an expert math solver uses specific methods while taking notes.
There are different methods that can help in taking effective notes:
· The mapping method- This is a very useful method for learning about how two or more topics are connected. This technique helps in understanding the information through the organisation of the data. In this method, one needs to write down the main topic first. Then, the subtopics are written using a heading for each one. Under each subtopic, detailed information has to be written down. This pattern will continue with the rest of the notes.
· Writing a summary- After going through the most important parts of the source to acquire a general idea of that reading, an individual will write a summary of it. This will ensure that the writer understood the information clearly. This also helps to prevent plagiarism occurring at the time of writing the academic paper.
· The Cornell methods- In this technique, the notes are divided into small chunks which can be easily understood. The advantages of utilising this method are that it lets the writer extract the main concept and ideas, as well as, the notes can be easily reviewed. This technique requires an individual to divide the paper into three sections. In the first section on the right side, the main notes are written down. The section on the left side will include a review of the notes. The section in the bottom will contain a summary of the notes with the primary points highlighted.
· Taking notes of the bibliographical information- Since at the end of every academic paper, it is required to write a reference list, the bibliographical information should be written down while taking the notes. This will include the title of the article, the name/s of the writer/s, the date of publication, the name of the publication etc. Writing down this information can also help in avoiding any confusion regarding the source of the information.
· The sentence method- This method requires an individual to write down the important details of the reading in a sentence or a point. Here, the heading will be made using the main topic and the points will come under this heading. For every new detail, a fresh sentence is used in this technique. This technique helps in covering a bunch of information in a very small amount of time.
Created on Oct 3rd 2018 09:09. Viewed 87 times.